Boxing ring challenge
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2015, 11:09 AM
Boxing ring challenge
I'm interested in having a discussion about the problem of evil with someone in the Boxing Ring. If anyone is game, let me know.
Find all posts by this user
20-09-2015, 11:13 AM
RE: Boxing ring challenge
What about it? It has nothing to do with the existence or non of any God. Only of certain definitions of god.
20-09-2015, 11:15 AM
Since when is it a problem?

Signed

Darth Vader

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Has natachan mentionned, the problem of evil is only a thing for an omnibenevolent, omnipotent and ommnipresent single god. If you have two equally powerful god, one good one evil, like the manicheans believed, you have no problem of evil.
20-09-2015, 11:27 AM
So is someone accepting the challenge here? This is the boxing ring, so unless you are accepting the invitation to debate Heywoods specific topic, please refrain from posting in this thread.

(Moved to the Boxing Ring btw)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
20-09-2015, 11:43 AM
I woud be willing to participate.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
20-09-2015, 11:51 AM
Could you please explain a bit more about what exactly you want to debate on? I mean what are your views?

[Image: 004.sig]
[+] 2 users Like Aoi Magi's post
21-09-2015, 01:11 AM
(20-09-2015 11:51 AM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  Could you please explain a bit more about what exactly you want to debate on? I mean what are your views?

Michael Reynolds picked up the phone. It was his wife and she was hysterical. "THEY SHOT HER!" She wailed, "IN THE HEAD!". Two thugs pinned Michael's daughter, Kimber, up against her car and grabbed her purse. Kimber, wasn't one to give up anything easily and resisted. One of the thugs pulled a .357 magnum, put it to her head behind her ear and pulled the trigger.

When a bullet shreds through both hemispheres of a brain, there isn't much anyone can do. 26 hours after the shooting, Michael clutched Kimber's limp hand when she breathed her last breath.

[Image: kimbercrpd.jpg]

Would a good God allow such evil to happen? I think One might.
21-09-2015, 06:45 AM
(21-09-2015 01:11 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 11:51 AM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  Could you please explain a bit more about what exactly you want to debate on? I mean what are your views?

Michael Reynolds picked up the phone. It was his wife and she was hysterical. "THEY SHOT HER!" She wailed, "IN THE HEAD!". Two thugs pinned Michael's daughter, Kimber, up against her car and grabbed her purse. Kimber, wasn't one to give up anything easily and resisted. One of the thugs pulled a .357 magnum, put it to her head behind her ear and pulled the trigger.

When a bullet shreds through both hemispheres of a brain, there isn't much anyone can do. 26 hours after the shooting, Michael clutched Kimber's limp hand when she breathed her last breath.

[Image: kimbercrpd.jpg]

Would a good God allow such evil to happen? I think One might.

Has I sad earlier, I would be willing to debate you on the problem of evil and sticking strictly to that event to prevent a shouting match of horrible things that happen to people or not. I do have a condition, you must willing be willing to present a solution to the problem of evil that doesn't include more than a single deity and that allows God to remain Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnibenevolent.
21-09-2015, 10:57 AM
(21-09-2015 06:45 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Has I sad earlier, I would be willing to debate you on the problem of evil and sticking strictly to that event to prevent a shouting match of horrible things that happen to people or not. I do have a condition, you must willing be willing to present a solution to the problem of evil that doesn't include more than a single deity and that allows God to remain Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnibenevolent.

I don't think a discussion needs to be limited to the events surrounding the death of Kimber Reynolds. Further I don't know that I can propose a solution to the "problem of evil" because I don't think there is a problem with a good God allowing evil. If you want to have a discussion start the thread. I only ask that we do our best to keep our post short and concise....I can't stand walls of text.
Thread Closed