Boy Says He Didn't Go To Heaven; Publisher Says It Will Pull Book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2015, 09:47 AM
RE: Boy Says He Didn't Go To Heaven; Publisher Says It Will Pull Book
(16-01-2015 09:41 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I'm reading the book The Faith Healers by James Randi, there is a major problem in these churches that believe in supernatural signs from god. Every major TV evangelist is a notorious fake, the con men know how gullible the faithful are and own the entire enterprise.

I don't know how deep their operation goes, it may not be at the local level, but just about every public pastor is in it for the money. It's just a money-making industry and that seems to be the common attitude with all of them.

It’s the Mafia. I say that tongue in cheek but it would not surprise me at all if the Cosa Nostra doesn’t have ties with these mega-churches. Pros: cash business, no income tax.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
16-01-2015, 10:11 AM
My facepalm moment:

"The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible."

Houston, we have a problem..........

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 6 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
16-01-2015, 10:50 AM
(16-01-2015 09:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The kid's surname is Malarkey. WTF did you expect ? Drinking Beverage
Tongue .. Big Grin .. Angel

is there anyone whose surname is 'Baloney'

I know we have an idiot with a surname 'Ham'
[+] 2 users Like Ace's post
16-01-2015, 10:51 AM
(16-01-2015 10:11 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  My facepalm moment:

"The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible."

Houston, we have a problem..........

Houston we have HYPOCRISY!!! (again, as usual......)
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
16-01-2015, 10:54 AM
But… HEAVEN IS FOR REAL! I ******KNOW******* it.
16-01-2015, 10:58 AM
I had another thought, this really resonated with me. As a kid I would tell my parents and family how much I believed in god. They bought it hook, line and sinker....but I really struggled with that belief. When I told my grandmother that I wasn't sure I believed she argued with me that I used to. That I had real faith in god...

I wanted feel more included or whatever...When I see the youtube videos of a young child preaching, I instantly wonder do they really believe or are they doing this to fit in? It's fun -- it gives attention...

That's where the fear of deconverting (for lack of a better term) was so profound for me. It was partly about letting go of the idea of "god" but the bigger issue (at least for me) was the strong fear of losing family.

Which I did.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-01-2015, 11:02 AM
(16-01-2015 10:58 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I had another thought, this really resonated with me. As a kid I would tell my parents and family how much I believed in god. They bought it hook, line and sinker....but I really struggled with that belief. When I told my grandmother that I wasn't sure I believed she argued with me that I used to. That I had real faith in god...

I wanted feel more included or whatever...When I see the youtube videos of a young child preaching, I instantly wonder do they really believe or are they doing this to fit in? It's fun -- it gives attention...

That's where the fear of deconverting (for lack of a better term) was so profound for me. It was partly about letting go of the idea of "god" but the bigger issue (at least for me) was the strong fear of losing family.

Which I did.

But now you have us Hug

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
16-01-2015, 11:06 AM
This hub hub may be to boost sagging book sales...
17-01-2015, 10:51 PM
(16-01-2015 09:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The kid's surname is Malarkey. WTF did you expect ? Drinking Beverage
Tongue .. Big Grin .. Angel

It's almost as good as Bernie Madoff, the huckster behind the largest ponzi scheme in history. I can't make shit up that funny. Laughat

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]