Boy Scouts Finally Lift Ban on Gay Scoutmasters (sort of)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Boy Scouts Finally Lift Ban on Gay Scoutmasters (sort of)
http://www.ijreview.com/2015/07/378296-h...n=Politics

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2015, 02:30 PM
RE: Boy Scouts Finally Lift Ban on Gay Scoutmasters (sort of)
Hmm...

Make a rule that doesn't really change anything, except perhaps in some areas -- but not where it matters.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Yeah -- for their next trick they'll allow atheists in --- but only if they believe in god.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-07-2015, 02:51 PM
(28-07-2015 02:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hmm...

Make a rule that doesn't really change anything, except perhaps in some areas -- but not where it matters.

It's shifting the plaintiff in the lawsuits. "Nope not our rules we allow teh Gays can't sue us, must sue the local chapter."

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
28-07-2015, 02:57 PM
The funny part of it???

"We're real men -- we don't let no damned homosexuals around us"!!!

Signed

The Men in Funny Shorts, wearing neckerchiefs, hanging out in the woods in tents with underage boys....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Well we had this thread about it from another story angle
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...d-gays-but
http://news.yahoo.com/boy-scout-leaders-...22014.html

The Mormons may leave their sponsoring of the church which could allow for other groups to do so, which could go either way really.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-07-2015, 03:02 PM
(28-07-2015 02:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It's shifting the plaintiff in the lawsuits. "Nope not our rules we allow teh Gays can't sue us, must sue the local chapter."

To that extent it's a small step forward; it clearly identifies religion as the source of the bigotry.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-07-2015, 03:13 PM
(28-07-2015 03:02 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It's shifting the plaintiff in the lawsuits. "Nope not our rules we allow teh Gays can't sue us, must sue the local chapter."

To that extent it's a small step forward; it clearly identifies religion as the source of the bigotry.

It's a costly and losing position any lawyer worth his salt can see that, so I expect they laid all the cards on the table. Either they change the rules, in such as way as to shift the blame away from the main organisation to the local chapters or they would be on the receiving end of a billion dollar lawsuit they will lose. Maybe I am being cynical but that is the only reason they would reverse course.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post