Boy Scouts keep trying to convert me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2013, 03:56 AM
RE: Boy Scouts keep trying to convert me
(07-01-2013 03:28 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 03:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Quit.
Isn't that what I said?
Fucked if I know, probably, why are you asking me I didn't type what you typed, hell i didn't even read what you typed (or anyone else in this thread for that matter).

Quote:It's a Christian organization, you loser. You don't belong. You're like a
splinter to them. You spoil their fun. Just go home and play "Killer
Maniac" on your x box or some damn thing. You're an atheist; you're
corrupt. You're not a boy scout.

Says the theist on an atheist forum...

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
07-01-2013, 04:16 AM
(07-01-2013 03:53 AM)Egor Wrote:  It's a Christian organization, you loser. You don't belong. You're like a splinter to them. You spoil their fun. Just go home and play "Killer Maniac" on your x box or some damn thing. You're an atheist; you're corrupt. You're not a boy scout.

You know, you are quite correct that he is not one of them. He like many atheists out there is better than they are. He can see how evil your stupid holy book is and how evil god is, if he exists. I would rather burn in hell than kiss the ass of a being that is not worthy.
07-01-2013, 04:24 AM
(07-01-2013 03:53 AM)Egor Wrote:  It's a Christian organization, you loser. You don't belong. You're like a splinter to them. You spoil their fun. Just go home and play "Killer Maniac" on your x box or some damn thing. You're an atheist; you're corrupt. You're not a boy scout.
It's a Christian organization. You don't belong with those losers. You're a threat to them. You spoil their illusion. Just go home and play in reality. You're an atheist; they're corrupt. You do not want to be a Christian scout.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
07-01-2013, 04:33 AM
Plus the guys that run it touch boys in their special areas. too far?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
07-01-2013, 04:44 AM
(07-01-2013 04:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Plus the guys that run it touch boys in their special areas. too far?

Nah, I thought it was just right.
07-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Seriously? This is the best you can do? No attempt at justification, just straight to the ad hominem attacks? And on a kid no less?

I'd first off like to thank you for being such a wonderful beacon, a true exemplar of your 'welcoming' and 'loving' faith. If you truly believe, then share your point of view as a counter point. Try to give some compelling reason to read your holy book and take it seriously if you want. But personal attacks are not a valid 'opinion' and really don't have a place here. Because nothing makes people want to convert more than personal attacks on children.

How very Jesus like of you.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-01-2013, 08:18 AM
You're not from around here, are you?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
07-01-2013, 09:30 AM
(06-01-2013 09:37 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Buy a copy of Buddy's Atheist's Critique of the Bible and ask them to read it.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...s+critique

It's only fair, I think, as you are willing to read their book.

Here is the original thread if you can't buy it....

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-available

Excellent suggestion, DLJ!
And there will be an oral and a written exam to check whether they a) actually read it, and b) comprehended it.
There will be a very high failure score.
Meanwhile, reading the bible does make sense, oddly enough! 'They' tend to take you seriously if you know what you're talking about. Otherwise they'll just keep running rings around you with quotes and phrases, enjoying the bewildered look in your eyes. Feeling superior...
07-01-2013, 09:59 AM

It's not clear in whose voice you're speaking here. So to give you the benefit of the doubt:

Did you intend this little rant as your interpretation of what a typical Boy Scout official would say, as if prefaced by "Here's what they think about you"?

Or were those your own thoughts?

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
07-01-2013, 10:17 AM
By "spoil their fun," you mean he doesn't want to fall victim to sexual abuse and participate in homosexual discrimination? Why don't you go home and watch some Kirk Cameron movies and enjoy a delicious, ergonomic banana. Get to know your people.

I can actually hear you regressing back to the stone age.

...it would rather be a man... [who] plunges into scientific questions with which he has no real acquaintance, only to obscure them with aimless rhetoric, and distract the attention of his hearers from the real point at issue by eloquent digressions and skilled appeals to religious prejudice.
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post