Boy Scouts of America

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Boy Scouts of America
I read this article this morning.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/fa...y-atheists

I don't agree with the BSA on their stances about homosexual leaders or on atheists, but I also don't see the need for them to bend their rules, except for the fact that they do receive federal funding.

If they gave up the federal funds-then let them make their own rules about who to let into their scouting club.

They primarily meet and group together based on church affiliation-although not always. I don't like that churches have access to kids but this is a problem bigger than the BSA.

I guess I'm just bothered by the public outcry for them to change their rules, when really they just need to change their funding sources and they can keep their rules.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2013, 12:02 PM
RE: Boy Scouts of America
Ya know, what ever happened to camping and survival skills and badges and community service and selling cookies and shit??
I mean who joins these things? like 10 year old kids and up right? They don't give a shit about atheism or Catholicism or gays or whatever the fuck, they just want to build fires and eat burned marshmallows squashed between two chocolate biscuits...

Are these types of organizations not suppose to be about enjoyment and teaching survival skills and shit to kids??
Cut the political bullshit Boy Scouts of 'Merica, your organization is not the time or place for any of it, just let the kids have fun.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
29-05-2013, 10:44 AM
RE: Boy Scouts of America
(28-05-2013 08:25 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I read this article this morning.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/fa...y-atheists

I don't agree with the BSA on their stances about homosexual leaders or on atheists, but I also don't see the need for them to bend their rules, except for the fact that they do receive federal funding.

If they gave up the federal funds-then let them make their own rules about who to let into their scouting club.

They primarily meet and group together based on church affiliation-although not always. I don't like that churches have access to kids but this is a problem bigger than the BSA.

I guess I'm just bothered by the public outcry for them to change their rules, when really they just need to change their funding sources and they can keep their rules.
Well, I favor the public outcry because discrimination is wrong no matter where it takes place. The KKK has a right to exist in this country because of free speech, but I support public outcries against them too because they are wrong and should be told so. If we stand by and let them be - any discriminatory organization - than we are indirectly saying it's ok by merely accepting them. No

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair