Boy(???) Scouts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: Boy(???) Scouts
(12-10-2017 08:02 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 06:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Dodgy No Girls Scout cookies for you! Wink

Don't need them anymore. Now the Boy Scouts have someone to make cookies.

New badge idea: How many disgusting things can you think of to put into cookies you are serving to Boy Scouts ?Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-10-2017, 08:22 PM
(12-10-2017 08:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 08:02 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Don't need them anymore. Now the Boy Scouts have someone to make cookies.

New badge idea: How many disgusting things can you think of to put into cookies you are serving to Boy Scouts ?Tongue

[Image: anigif_original-grid-image-16514-1384896889-63.gif]
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
12-10-2017, 08:47 PM
(12-10-2017 07:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But the boy scouts still won't allow atheists. You've got say the boy scout pledge that includes belief in god.

My older son did the cub scouts...but the meetings were all sorts of nuts..

It wasn't even organized chaos. The mothers all sat around and gossiped while the boys ran around and scout leader only focused on the eagle scout potential ones...

After a while I wondered what the point was to this...and we dropped out.

That's exactly what I though it was. I wouldn't let my kids do Boy Scouts, but I'd definitely let them do Girl Scouts.

But as for the Boy Scouts letting girls in, one twitter post on the article said, "A secondary benefit of this is boys working alongside girls, being led by them, being taught to respect their expertise, etc." I totally agree with that comment.
12-10-2017, 08:53 PM
(12-10-2017 08:47 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 07:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But the boy scouts still won't allow atheists. You've got say the boy scout pledge that includes belief in god.

My older son did the cub scouts...but the meetings were all sorts of nuts..

It wasn't even organized chaos. The mothers all sat around and gossiped while the boys ran around and scout leader only focused on the eagle scout potential ones...

After a while I wondered what the point was to this...and we dropped out.

That's exactly what I though it was. I wouldn't let my kids do Boy Scouts, but I'd definitely let them do Girl Scouts.

But as for the Boy Scouts letting girls in, one twitter post on the article said, "A secondary benefit of this is boys working alongside girls, being led by them, being taught to respect their expertise, etc." I totally agree with that comment.

There is also the campfire girls (and now boys). I believe they’re more secular and focus on multiculturalism and respect.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Also re: the cookies, a merger could provide new marketing opportunities.

[Image: RBRrbLa.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
12-10-2017, 09:51 PM
(12-10-2017 04:05 PM)Gruntsky Wrote:  I was a Scout leader here in Australia for 10 years and we've had females included in all sections of scouting since the early 70's.

Yabut, you're from a civilised country. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-10-2017, 09:52 PM
(12-10-2017 06:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 06:27 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Now they're gonna have to lower the standards for the badges Gasp

Dodgy No Girls Scout cookies for you! Wink

Ouch - that's harsh. Ohmy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-10-2017, 04:30 AM
Funnily enough, the wiki entry for Scouts Australia specifically states:

Atheists are actively excluded from Leadership, as Scouts Australia "insists that leaders have a faith, a belief in God.", with God being defined as "One who is; a Supreme Being – a Creator – a Ruler of the Universe".

So very, very wrong. I was an open atheist for my entire ten years and spoke to many like minded people who had no issue with religion in scouting.

What's the difference between a cow and religion?

You can't milk a cow for 2000 years...
13-10-2017, 04:44 AM
(12-10-2017 06:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think Scouts in Australia (and here in NZ) is different to the American Boy Scouts.
Different organizations.

We all answer to WOSM Smile
The World Organization of the Scout Movement. American Boy Scouts are just organised differently to many other countries that form WOSM.

What's the difference between a cow and religion?

You can't milk a cow for 2000 years...
13-10-2017, 04:49 AM
Question: Who in the actual fuck would, knowing the Scout's pro-bigotry history and their connection to the Catholic and Mormon churches, willingly send a girl to them? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post