Boy am I finding some crazy stuff for this paper!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2013, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2013 08:24 PM by Anjele.)
Boy am I finding some crazy stuff for this paper!
For my Criminal Law class I have to write five papers, each about a different type of crime. These crimes cannot take place in Texas but I have to write how I would, as prosecutor, charge them based on the Texas Penal Code.

You wouldn't think it would be that hard.

In looking for an arson case that would have specific elements to it, I am struggling with having the background details and seem to only be able to find the results of the trial, etc.

Sssssoooo, I find one. A dude setting fires in dumpster and trash cans on a school playground (very near the town where we used to live). Okay, he isn't trying to set the building on fire and it's not during school hours so he isn't trying to kill anyone.

The police found him hiding behind a tree. On him they found two lighters and a pack of cigarettes....and....wait for it....a tube of personal lube. WTAF!?!? Blink And they found his underwear hanging on the jungle gym with two cigarette butts nearby. Ohmy

Off to find another story...sheesh...there are some twisted fucks in this world.

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: Boy am I finding some crazy stuff for this paper!
I know a guy that was a volunteer fireman in a small town. Some people would contact the fire department when they had vacant buildings that they wanted removed so the firemen could use it for practice.

3 young firemen were bored, would hear of these empty buildings and then go set them on fire themselves, so they could go on a fire call.

they were caught on my friends 21st bday. Charged with arson.

20 years later he is now the fire chief of that same fire dept.

go figure.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
23-06-2013, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2013 07:43 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
(23-06-2013 04:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  For my Criminal Law class I have to write five papers, each about a different type of crime. These crimes cannot take place in Texas but I have to write how I would, as prosecutor, charge them based on the Texas Penal Code.

You wouldn't think it wouldn't be that hard.

In looking for an arson case that would have specific elements to it, I am struggling with having the background details and seem to only be able to find the results of the trial, etc.

Sssssoooo, I find one. A dude setting fires in dumpster and trash cans on a school playground (very near the town where we used to live). Okay, he isn't trying to set the building on fire and it's not during school hours so he isn't trying to kill anyone.

The police found him hiding behind a tree. On him they found two lighters and a pack of cigarettes....and....wait for it....a tube of personal lube. WTAF!?!? Blink And they found his underwear hanging on the jungle gym with two cigarette butts nearby. Ohmy

Off to find another story...sheesh...there are some twisted fucks in this world.

Hat strikes me more as vandalism more than arson, Anj. Beyond that, he's just a fucking garden variety weirdo.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
23-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Yeah Carlo that came up in my search. I knew that setting fires in the trash cans wasn't going to count as arson...the other details though...whew...I found a story about a guy that went on an arson spree instead...fond of torching cars as well as homes.

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
23-06-2013, 08:21 PM
(23-06-2013 08:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yeah Carlo that came up in my search. I knew that setting fires in the trash cans wasn't going to count as arson...the other details though...whew...I found a story about a guy that went on an arson spree instead...fond of torching cars as well as homes.

Yeah burning cars or buildings will get you a nice stint in the Big House for arson, trash can fires, not so much.

But beyond being a weirdo, all the other things mentioned are not illegal.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
23-06-2013, 08:46 PM
(23-06-2013 04:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Off to find another story...sheesh...there are some twisted fucks in this world.

You know me and yet this guy surprised you?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post