Boy lied about going to heaven

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2015, 04:34 PM
RE: Boy lied about going to heaven
(20-01-2015 12:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 12:05 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Mark,

Can I tell you why your post is so upsetting to me? It's because the article clearly states the kid made up his story without ever having read the Bible and then went on to tell people to read it for themselves!

You're taking someone who hadn't read the Bible when lying, then recommends reading it after revealing his falsehood, as representative of a whole group of people of faith.

The book and film were touted as a true story. Proof of miracles and of god.

I think money is a motivator. The kid told a story to get attention, the father ran with it -- according to the mother embellished it, there was obviously a divorce, the father got the money from the book and movie and the child and mom got squat.

It's unlikely if the kid was getting money he would have come forward. Yes, I realize I'm speculating but so are you Q.

Isn't this a different kid. Heaven is for Real and The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven are two different kids, right? I think Heaven is for Real is the one the movie was based on. I don't know about the Boy who Came Back Heaven but I think it's two different stories. Or am I wrong.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2015, 05:17 PM
(22-01-2015 04:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 12:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The book and film were touted as a true story. Proof of miracles and of god.

I think money is a motivator. The kid told a story to get attention, the father ran with it -- according to the mother embellished it, there was obviously a divorce, the father got the money from the book and movie and the child and mom got squat.

It's unlikely if the kid was getting money he would have come forward. Yes, I realize I'm speculating but so are you Q.

Isn't this a different kid. Heaven is for Real and The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven are two different kids, right? I think Heaven is for Real is the one the movie was based on. I don't know about the Boy who Came Back Heaven but I think it's two different stories. Or am I wrong.

Heaven is for real was the movie version of the book the boy who came back from heaven.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-01-2015, 05:36 PM
(22-01-2015 05:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 04:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Isn't this a different kid. Heaven is for Real and The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven are two different kids, right? I think Heaven is for Real is the one the movie was based on. I don't know about the Boy who Came Back Heaven but I think it's two different stories. Or am I wrong.

Heaven is for real was the movie version of the book the boy who came back from heaven.

Nope. Two different kids/books.

http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Real-Little...849946158#

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1414390211/ref=rdr_ext_tmb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes dcobranchi's post
22-01-2015, 07:51 PM
(22-01-2015 05:36 PM)dcobranchi Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 05:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Heaven is for real was the movie version of the book the boy who came back from heaven.

Nope. Two different kids/books.

http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Real-Little...849946158#

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1414390211/ref=rdr_ext_tmb

Interesting to read the comments on the Malarkey book on the Amazon link. You can see the positive comments change to negative comments from the date the news came out.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Both kids have names that sound like they were made up by Thomas Pynchon: Alex Malarkey and Colton Burpo.

Minister: Do you, [naive, attractive young woman], take Colton Burpo to be your lawfully wedded husband ferever'n'ever amen?

Young woman: So, like, I would be Mrs. Burpo?

Minister: Yes.

Young woman, backing slowly away from altar: Um. Let me get back to you.

I am so, so hoping that Colton Burpo recants some day. Check out some of the ridiculous interviews he did with Barbie-type "journalists" on Fox News at the time the book came out. If that lil fucker wasn't coached by Rev. Daddy, I'll eat Alex Malarkey's book.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
[+] 1 user Likes claywise's post
23-01-2015, 01:07 PM
(22-01-2015 08:29 PM)claywise Wrote:  Both kids have names that sound like they were made up by Thomas Pynchon: Alex Malarkey and Colton Burpo.

Minister: Do you, [naive, attractive young woman], take Colton Burpo to be your lawfully wedded husband ferever'n'ever amen?

Young woman: So, like, I would be Mrs. Burpo?

Minister: Yes.

Young woman, backing slowly away from altar: Um. Let me get back to you.

I am so, so hoping that Colton Burpo recants some day. Check out some of the ridiculous interviews he did with Barbie-type "journalists" on Fox News at the time the book came out. If that lil fucker wasn't coached by Rev. Daddy, I'll eat Alex Malarkey's book.

Brings to mind the "true" church sign:

Feeling anxious? Don't kill yourself. Let the church help.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
23-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Have you ever noticed ---

Every one of these jokers who has a "near death experience" - goes into a bright light, meets deceased relatives - it's all nice and peaceful and hunky dory ----

Not one -- NOT ONE of these bastards "comes back" saying ---

"I was sucked into this lake of fire and demons were chasing me with pitchforks and they just getting ready to disembowel me, when I got sucked back to earth..."

It's just like the "reincarnation" types. They were always Joan of Arc or some damned famous person -- and never "I was the guy who collected the chamberpots and dumped them in the moat and I died of dysentery after eating a rat because I was so hungry ".....

funny how that works, eh?

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post
23-01-2015, 02:14 PM
I have heard people saying they nearly died and experienced a near death world but it wasn't pleasant.

I specifically recall hearing one woman talking on a radio show about how she was a devoted christian but experienced a world where everything was gray and bleak in her experience and it convinced her that God and Heaven weren't real... of course people called into a radio station about this about how she wasn't a true christian or a real believer... and I have always remembered this well because of one specific caller asked her, "Are you one with the baby Jesus?" which is without a doubt the line of judging one's true christian devotion.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-01-2015, 11:13 AM
(23-01-2015 01:29 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Have you ever noticed ---

Every one of these jokers who has a "near death experience" - goes into a bright light, meets deceased relatives - it's all nice and peaceful and hunky dory ----

Not one -- NOT ONE of these bastards "comes back" saying ---

"I was sucked into this lake of fire and demons were chasing me with pitchforks and they just getting ready to disembowel me, when I got sucked back to earth..."

It's just like the "reincarnation" types. They were always Joan of Arc or some damned famous person -- and never "I was the guy who collected the chamberpots and dumped them in the moat and I died of dysentery after eating a rat because I was so hungry ".....

funny how that works, eh?

I don't see the connection, but rather a disconnect, between prideful Western advocates of "Eastern-styled reincarnation" where everyone is a king or queen and not an insect or in Hell, with the fact that most people who saw God during an OOBE saw pretty much the kind of light being the Bible describes both Satan and God as!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
27-01-2015, 10:27 PM
I wonder if there is a single Christian who now questions the "other" kid who came back from heaven as being a liar as well?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ