Boy, religious people sure do like to feel insulted over nothing.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2012, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 09:05 AM by Vlad.)
Boy, religious people sure do like to feel insulted over nothing.
It's Yom Kippur today, so as every year in the forum I'm a member of there're a thread made to discuss about it (even though the owner of the boards shut down the boards because it Yom Kippur, even though it's not even a religious forum and the majority wants to keep the boards working for the day.)

One of the Atheists there said humorously that he's sick so he has an exempt from God. Apparently one of the religious members there didn't like the comment, because he called him "the scum of the human race" in response. Wow. So because he said he has an exempt from God, it makes him worse than any rapists, murderer and such in this guy's eyes. Then of course he demanded him to respect his belief.

Of course later on today this moron will ask forgiveness from anyone whom he's wronged this year. He will probably post it on the internet, without personally asking anyone for forgiveness, as if it somehoe atones for whatever he had done this year. Hypocrites. And tomorrow is a new day, so he will be free to wrong people as much as he likes until next Yom Kippur.

I guess some religious people are so fragile and mentally weak that the mere thought of someone not believing in the same God as they do, is insulting and hurtful to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2012, 10:00 AM
RE: Boy, religious people sure do like to feel insulted over nothing.
(25-09-2012 09:02 AM)Vlad Wrote:  I guess some religious people are so fragile and mentally weak that the mere thought of someone not believing in the same God as they do, is insulting and hurtful to them.
Yup. That about sums it up.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
25-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Religion is totally emotionally motivated, when threatened the brain throws up a nigh-impenetrable emotional wall, which is impervious to reason, but aggravated by non emotional responses, remaining calm and speaking very clearly and concisely is a great way to damage the barrier, as they bluster emotionally in an attempt to cow their opposition into submission.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
25-09-2012, 10:45 AM
(25-09-2012 09:02 AM)Vlad Wrote:  I guess some religious people are so fragile and mentally weak that the mere thought of someone not believing in the same God as they do, is insulting and hurtful to them.

Complaining about an ad hominem and then responding with one... how are you any different?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
25-09-2012, 10:47 AM
(25-09-2012 10:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Complaining about an ad hominem and then responding with one... how are you any different?

Man, if we want a Calvinist opinion, we'll hold an election. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-09-2012, 11:11 AM
That's not fair Mr. Cantor. Those elections are always rigged.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-09-2012, 11:12 AM
(25-09-2012 11:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That's not fair Mr. Cantor. Those elections are always rigged.
Yeah in favour of teh gwynies

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
25-09-2012, 11:20 AM
(25-09-2012 11:12 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 11:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That's not fair Mr. Cantor. Those elections are always rigged.
Yeah in favour of teh gwynies
Big Grin

Not where I was going, but works all the same!

25-09-2012, 04:04 PM

If i understand the terme "guess" right, it means i give the thing a shot but it's possible i am wrong about it.
He sayed not, i am sure... or, i think... nor, i command this or that...
He was guessing.
For an argumentum ad hominem was his response to the issue to kind, i think.
And for a first argument to a new thread, your response was a conversation-blocker, don't you think?

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
25-09-2012, 05:31 PM

You may want to recheck your definition of ad hominem. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post