Boy with brain cancer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Boy with brain cancer
How sad is this?!

http://mobile.buffalonews.com/?articleRedirect=1

I just can't imagine saying I would believe in god after this.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2014, 04:43 PM
RE: Boy with brain cancer
Non-mobile link: http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/c...t-20140308

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
09-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Theists will always find an excuse. Bad one but still an excuse.
09-03-2014, 05:15 PM
(09-03-2014 04:43 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Non-mobile link: http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/c...t-20140308

Thanks!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
09-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Glioblastomas and astrocytomas. THE worst fucking shit I have ever seen. One of our friend's sons had an astrocytoma. It fucking grew out his ears. His mom was afraid his sisters would be afraid of the way he looked. It's like a starfish, and sends "fingers" down through the brain. Not only an evil deity would do that, but a damn cruel one also. Hopefully with genetic cures for cancer, this awful crap will be ended in the next 25 years.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-03-2014, 05:33 PM
(09-03-2014 05:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Glioblastomas and astrocytomas. THE worst fucking shit I have ever seen. One of our friend's sons had an astrocytoma. It fucking grew out his ears. His mom was afraid his sisters would be afraid of the way he looked. It's like a starfish, and sends "fingers" down through the brain. Not only an evil deity would do that, but a damn cruel one also. Hopefully with genetic cures for cancer, this awful crap will be ended in the next 25 years.

It's kind of bizarre how Francis Collins thinks god is so great for picking evolution for human design but in the same time he is leader of project that is trying to decipher genome to fix genetic diseases in this awesome design.
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
09-03-2014, 05:37 PM
(09-03-2014 05:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Glioblastomas and astrocytomas. THE worst fucking shit I have ever seen. One of our friend's sons had an astrocytoma. It fucking grew out his ears. His mom was afraid his sisters would be afraid of the way he looked. It's like a starfish, and sends "fingers" down through the brain. Not only an evil deity would do that, but a damn cruel one also. Hopefully with genetic cures for cancer, this awful crap will be ended in the next 25 years.

I would punch someone in the throat for telling me it was god's plan. I don't understand how this can stengthen someone's faith instead of obliterate it.

09-03-2014, 06:08 PM
(09-03-2014 05:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  

I would punch someone in the throat for telling me it was god's plan. I don't understand how this can stengthen someone's faith instead of obliterate it.

Ask him
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...k-a-Theist
Because according to him gods plan also involves eternal suffering after people die.
10-03-2014, 06:57 AM
(09-03-2014 06:08 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 05:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I would punch someone in the throat for telling me it was god's plan. I don't understand how this can stengthen someone's faith instead of obliterate it.

Ask him
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...k-a-Theist
Because according to him gods plan also involves eternal suffering after people die.

He's an atheist. He doesn't really believe that. Finding the right way to say those words to yourself and especially your family, can be a "process". It's complicated. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche