Boycott call over Dawkins talk

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Boycott call over Dawkins talk
Any Scots / Celts wanna try to defend this one?

http://richarddawkins.net/articles/64670...wkins-talk

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2012, 11:19 AM
RE: Boycott call over Dawkins talk
The Outer Hebrides are a fairly remote lot (both geographically and by mind-set), with their further-isolationist language. With a limited number of activities, the churches act as gathering-places for the locals. It is certainly one of the least secular parts of Scotland.

If a minority are calling for a boycott, then so be it. I can't see it bothering Dawkins.

He should be fine... so long as he isn't convinced to stand inside a wicker-construction that is vaguely man-shaped.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Red Celt's post
09-08-2012, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 07:01 PM by FSM_scot.)
I find the way church's in this country act offensive. Redcelt fancy a boycott?

Chances are this will come to nothing. It probably won't even make the news here.
09-08-2012, 06:41 PM
(09-08-2012 06:35 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I find the way church's in the country act offensive. Redcelt fancy a boycott?

Chances are this will come to nothing. It probably won't even make the news here.
As an Aussie of Scot's descent i am not into book burning anywhere, in general.

I personally find Dawkins a bit strident and feel that individuals should make up their own minds free from any church coercion.
09-08-2012, 07:00 PM
(09-08-2012 06:41 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  As an Aussie of Scot's descent i am not into book burning anywhere, in general.

I personally find Dawkins a bit strident and feel that individuals should make up their own minds free from any church coercion.

True though many people do things without thinking when the church tells them to do something. I'm personally not a fan of Dawkins. Although I find myself agreeing with him on many things. I think he often comes across as a bit of a dick.
17-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Why would someone ever boycott a talk that gives information to the public? I don't see anything wrong with any sort of talk whatsoever.

[Image: pudalo15fa2.png]

Blog.
17-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Why would RD feel the need to evangelize the Outer Hebrides Huh

what a weird guy Angel