Boys Expelled From School for Toy Guns at their Home

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
26-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Boys Expelled From School for Toy Guns at their Home
Confused

Yes. The title of the thread is not misleading. Two boy's were playing with toy air-soft guns in their own yard. Their school decided it was grounds for expulsion. The major new's networks (CNN, NBC, Fox, BBC, etc) have not picked it up, but several small news networks have. The Daily Caller seems reputable.

Here is the story:
http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/25/awful-...-property/

Your thoughts?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2013, 12:30 PM
RE: Boys Expelled From School for Toy Guns at their Home
Utter retardery.

That is so far outside the school's jurisdiction, deeming what type of behavior is acceptable at home. Simply retarded in every aspect, and cringe worthy authortarian overtones to boot.

And the justification for them being 70 yards away from a school bus stop is equally retarded.

[Image: giphy.gif]
26-09-2013, 12:32 PM
(26-09-2013 12:30 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Utter retardery.

Retardery. Yes, I was trying to come up with a good word for it. Retardery works quite nicely. Thank you. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
26-09-2013, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2013 12:55 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-09-2013 12:23 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Confused

Yes. The title of the thread is not misleading. Two boy's were playing with toy air-soft guns in their own yard. Their school decided it was grounds for expulsion. The major new's networks (CNN, NBC, Fox, BBC, etc) have not picked it up, but several small news networks have. The Daily Caller seems reputable.

Here is the story:
http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/25/awful-...-property/

Your thoughts?

It was on CNN last night.
So it depends on what the local laws are. If they didn't try to bring them to school, the school can fuck off. The "in loco parentis" thing is WAY ridiculous.
But if anyone, kid or not, pointed something at me, driving or walking by, I'd get the hell out of there. My question is :"where are their parents ?"
The larger question is regarding "criminalizing" behaviors of children. I feel bad for these kids. Clearly they have no parental/STRUCTURE.
It's the tip of a very sad ice berg. Their whole culture is so fucked up. Put the parents on trial. Oh...no one knows who they are, actually. Shit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
26-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Sorry, just wanted to point out quickly that the source I provided is conservative slanted. The story and details do appear to be correct however. Also, thanks to BB for pointing out is was on CNN. I did not see it on their site.

26-09-2013, 12:48 PM
DaFuq? They where not at school, it was not a real gun. Whats next suspending paintballers? Does playing GTA get you expelled?

We used to have nerf wars at like 4:30 at my old job...all the Devs would just start ambushing each other over the cube walls and kept the place bearable ....Then some totally replaceable lame whore in copy brought her kid in and made a big stink about how we where 'exposing her child to gun violence...' and we had to take our nerf guns home...Really? I can't have a little fun? It's a bright orange foam dart shooter. DaFuq you brining your kid to work for anyway? I quit that shit hole as did every other dev worth his salt (I was underpaid and stagnating anyway).

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
26-09-2013, 12:53 PM
I agree. When I was a kid we used to bring in toy guns that made laser noises, nerf guns, cap guns and whatever we had to play "army" at recess. No one ever even batted an eye or felt 'uncomfortable' or 'endangered'. It's not as if it was that long ago either. If someone had called the cops on us I suspect the caller may be charged with making false calls to the police.

26-09-2013, 01:00 PM
(26-09-2013 12:53 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I agree. When I was a kid we used to bring in toy guns that made laser noises, nerf guns, cap guns and whatever we had to play "army" at recess. No one ever even batted an eye or felt 'uncomfortable' or 'endangered'. It's not as if it was that long ago either. If someone had called the cops on us I suspect the caller may be charged with making false calls to the police.

Totally, my mom has an (incredibly embarrassing) video of me in pre-school finger gun blasting the audience during some sort of recital, which I apparently found super boring.

...Apparently the new plan is to get kids acclimated to the police state.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-09-2013, 01:07 PM
I hate guns (Except in Deus Ex) so I approve. Drinking Beverage

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
26-09-2013, 01:28 PM
I bsought several toy guns to school for a roleplay. Nothing happened to me.

Uterly retarded

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping