Bradley Manning Found Guilty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2013, 01:11 PM
RE: Bradley Manning Found Guilty
What he did was leak classified information from a government office, and for that he needs to be punished. However, he is not a violent offender or someone who is at risk of committing a repeat offense. Putting him in jail does not prevent any crimes, and it certainly does not rehabilitate him in any way, since he requires no rehabilitation. There is a possibility of life in prison, but that would be irrational, disproportionate, and inhumane.

Give him years in prison, stick him with a record, permanently revoke his security clearance so he cannot get a job where one would be required, and... that's it.

25+ years does nothing but send a message to others about the consequences of leaking information. But Manning knew full well what he was doing and the consequences of it, and that didn't stop him. That didn't stop Snowden either. When people in intelligence leak info they aren't doing it from a place of ignorance.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2013, 09:31 AM
My apologies for the bump but I think this is a very valid comparison and telling about the nature of the current state of the US state as well as telling of how the US has acted in the past. Some of you must be old enough to remember Lt. Calley.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/08/22/c...nt-or-not/

We as a public (the US) allow our government to behave in ways detrimental to both ourselves and to others world wide. We allow our government to punish those who point out our failings and we do not punish those who in furtherance of failed policies kill innocents.

The US public should be ashamed of its government and should do something to change it. We do not.

We should as a people take to the streets. I have my sign ready, it sits in the window of my house.

"October 1967
Stop the Draft Week
Oakland
Why has my country
forced me to resist
imperial wars
all my adult life."

I will ignore economic injustice for the moment. I must help end useless war and I do not know how to do it myself.

I will, without equivocation, state that Bradley Manning should be revered by all freedom loving people.
22-08-2013, 09:35 AM
(22-08-2013 09:31 AM)JAH Wrote:  My apologies for the bump but I think this is a very valid comparison and telling about the nature of the current state of the US state as well as telling of how the US has acted in the past. Some of you must be old enough to remember Lt. Calley.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/08/22/c...nt-or-not/

We as a public (the US) allow our government to behave in ways detrimental to both ourselves and to others world wide. We allow our government to punish those who point out our failings and we do not punish those who in furtherance of failed policies kill innocents.

The US public should be ashamed of its government and should do something to change it. We do not.

We should as a people take to the streets. I have my sign ready, it sits in the window of my house.

"October 1967
Stop the Draft Week
Oakland
Why has my country
forced me to resist
imperial wars
all my adult life."

I will ignore economic injustice for the moment. I must help end useless war and I do not know how to do it myself.

I will, without equivocation, state that Bradley Manning should be revered by all freedom loving people.

What about all the lives he pointlessly endangered? The career diplomats whose careers he ruined by releasing their confidential papers? The fact that more than 99% of the info he released was irrelevant and harmed people for no reason? No, he's not a hero, he is a dumb kid who made a very foolish decision and is now going to pay for it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
22-08-2013, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2013 12:09 PM by JAH.)
Revenant77X, you are wrong on two accounts. To the best of my knowledge he endangered no one and trust me no careers will be ruined by what he revealed they will more likely be enhanced.

I might also ask if you think what he revealed contained much that was irrelevant did you read the linked to article. If so, if much of what he released was irrelevant how does that compare to the killing of 100's of innocents.
22-08-2013, 11:50 AM
After Sentencing, Manning Says, ‘I Am Female’

Come on Times. Why is this the headline? I don't want to discuss Manning's sex life, or Snowden's cult of celebrity...I don't care who or how he fucks. I want to discuss the horrific shit they exposed. I want fucking justice!

Wake the fuck up America!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user