Brain Doping?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2016, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2016 02:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Brain Doping?
(26-12-2016 06:50 AM)julep Wrote:  Sounds interesting. Does it work?

Yah, they work as intended I'd say. Some are anti-anxiety (aniracetam) while others are mildly stimulating (oxiracetam) and others promote wakefullness without being speedy (Adrafinil). None of them feel jittery like meth or even coffee, it's more like the focus passive skill in those video games - increases mana. Back in the day I could code 15,16, 18-20 hours non-stop straight. Haven't been able to do that for at least a decade now. I can code like a motherfucker again now, just needed a little help from my little friends.

Some people use the mild stimulant ones like oxiracetam and Adrafinil instead of coffee but I say they're pussies. Stack that shit.

(26-12-2016 06:50 AM)julep Wrote:  What are the other effects?

I don't, but some people feel nauseous on an empty stomach. But taking them with food diminishes the amount available to cross the blood-brain barrier. Shit's too expensive too waste on other cells. Take a Dramamine and buck up.

(26-12-2016 06:50 AM)julep Wrote:  How do you get hold of nootropics?

Both caffeine and nicotine are nootropics. In some countries the racetams are regulated as prescription drugs (which is one of the reasons I feel confident the effects are not placebo) but not in the good old USA. (Freedom bitches! Now puff puff pass. doh.) The racetams have never been regulated in the US and this is a very good site for them - NutriVitaShop.com Adrafinil is legal in The US, Canada, and the UK but finding a reputable source is a bit dicier. To find the powder (which I prefer to capsules because I can mix it with liquids to control the release rate) I had to meet a Ukrainian in a back alley in Jersey who only accepted bitcoins.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2016, 01:52 PM
(25-12-2016 09:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Is it an antidepressant?

Many of them are drugs for dementia, Alzheimer's, ADD, Parkinson's and other brain disorders. Think Modafinil (and the weaker Adafinil) was made for shift workers and bomber pilots. Some are used as antidepressants but there are better options available for that.

#sigh
26-12-2016, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2016 02:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-12-2016 07:58 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Most of those I know that tried it are now suffering from their experiments in some way; cancer, COPD, alcoholism, cognitive problems, even psychosis in one case.

I should add the caveat don't try this at home unless you understand and respect the MOAs and potential consequences involved. I discuss them with my shaman. Sometimes he'll write me a script to keep me off of Calcutta sites (that's how I got a script for Seroquel), he usually neither approves nor disapproves, just makes a note in his little book. I also note that I work in a research lab where I need all the help I can get to keep up with the enthusiastic young PhDs.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-12-2016, 01:59 PM
(26-12-2016 01:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 06:50 AM)julep Wrote:  Sounds interesting. Does it work?

Yah, they work as intended I'd say. Some are anti-anxiety (aniracetam) while others are mildly stimulating (oxiracetam) and others promote wakefullness without being speedy (Adrafinil). None of them feel jittery like meth or even coffee, it's more like the focus passive skill in those video games - increases mana.

They work as intended I'd say. Back in the day I could code 15,16, 18-20 hours non-stop straight. Haven't been able to do that for at least a decade now. I can code like a motherfucker again now, just needed a little help from my little friends.

Some people use the mild stimulant ones like oxiracetam and Adrafinil instead of coffee but I say they're pussies. Stack that shit.

(26-12-2016 06:50 AM)julep Wrote:  What are the other effects?

I don't, but some people feel nauseous on an empty stomach. But taking them with food diminishes the amount available to cross the blood-brain barrier. Shit's too expensive too waste on other cells. Take a Dramamine and buck up.

(26-12-2016 06:50 AM)julep Wrote:  How do you get hold of nootropics?

Both caffeine and nicotine are nootropics so that's a place to start. In many countries the racetams are regulated as prescription drugs (which is one of the reasons I feel confident the effects are not placebo) but not in the good old USA. (Freedom bitches! Now puff puff pass. doh.) The racetams have never been regulated in the US and this is a very good site for them - NutriVitaShop.com Adrafinil is legal in The US, Canada, and the UK but finding a reputable source is a bit dicier. To find the powder (which I prefer to capsules because I can mix it with liquids to control the release rate) I had to meet a Ukrainian in a back alley in Jersey who only accepted bitcoins.

(26-12-2016 01:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  just needed a little help from my little friends.

Did these little friends of yours come into your medicine cabinet legally? Blink Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
26-12-2016, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2016 02:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-12-2016 01:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Did these little friends of yours come into your medicine cabinet legally? Blink Big Grin

See previous post. They are all legal in the US. Think the racetams are controlled in the UK and Canada but not sure. Some like Adrafinil, phenylpiracetam, and selegiline are banned by WADA though..

#sigh
26-12-2016, 02:08 PM
(26-12-2016 02:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 01:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Did these little friends of yours come into your medicine cabinet legally? Blink Big Grin

See previous post. They are all legal in the US. Think the racetams are controlled in the UK and Canada but not sure.

Well, I meant, does your doctor prescribe them for you? If so, how do you convince a doctor you need them?

26-12-2016, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2016 02:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-12-2016 02:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 02:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  See previous post. They are all legal in the US. Think the racetams are controlled in the UK and Canada but not sure.

Well, I meant, does your doctor prescribe them for you? If so, how do you convince a doctor you need them?

See previous post. The stuff I take requires no prescription. They are all OTC in the US. My witch doctor is aware of my proclivity for pharmacological adventures. Not his job to approve or disapprove, his job to make sure I don't kill myself with potential interactions I might've missed or adjust my scripts in response. (Might need less of the dopamine reuptake inhibitor Wellbutrin with the addition of L-Dopa as a source of dopamine, e.g.).

#sigh
26-12-2016, 02:39 PM
(26-12-2016 02:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 02:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Well, I meant, does your doctor prescribe them for you? If so, how do you convince a doctor you need them?

See previous post. The stuff I take requires no prescription. They are all OTC in the US. My witch doctor is aware of my proclivity for pharmacological adventures.

Oh, ok. Sorry I didn't read it very carefully. Maybe I need some of this stuff. Laugh out load

I have a prescription for Sudafed because of my sinus problems. Sudafed isn't OTC in Oregon anymore because we had a huge Meth problem a few years ago. Anyway, if I take two Sudafed my brain won't stop whirling and I'm hyped up. If I take it for more than two days I don't sleep.... but hey, I'm getting lots of stuff done. By the third day of not sleeping I have to stop so I can sleep. It really clears my sinuses up though. Sudafed is crazy stuff, it really affects my brain.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
26-12-2016, 02:56 PM
(26-12-2016 02:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I have a prescription for Sudafed because of my sinus problems. Sudafed isn't OTC in Oregon anymore because we had a huge Meth problem a few years ago. Anyway, if I take two Sudafed my brain won't stop whirling and I'm hyped up. If I take it for more than two days I don't sleep.... but hey, I'm getting lots of stuff done. By the third day of not sleeping I have to stop so I can sleep. It really clears my sinuses up though. Sudafed is crazy stuff, it really affects my brain.

I'm guessing you don't drink coffee either. Big Grin

#sigh
26-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Opening consciousness for me started with really good quality weed way back when.
Then a few different trips, tabs, of pharmaceutical grace vitamin A. Everything made sense then.
As I remember I condensed it down to, life is like looking at a shopping row filled with Campbell's soup can's. All can's have just that red/white label on shelf after shelf.
The can you pick is the can you live. But all you have to do to see things differently is pick a different can. It's where you put your attention, and all else follows.

The mind fuckers in this life are those empowered by proxy pimping a fear paradigm. Be it religion or politics. Because politics umbrellas society and religion both. And when they can control your mind so that you believe your body and your soul have to follow rules in order to satiate the egocentric nature of human nature that desires the idea of living forever, because absolute end, death, is unacceptable, they've got you.
You're theirs. All they have to do is scare you and then offer you a balm that takes away the fear and makes you seem less than because you're human, and yet able to aspire to greatness and eternal life if as a human you follow rules that give you more when you're dead.

And it's all bullshit!
There's only now. Right now. The past doesn't exist. The future doesn't either. There's now and that's it. What you decide to do for yourself , for your self, is what takes you forward. But even then, you're only living in the now. That's all there is.

The mind fuckers play on our regret of the past and our dreams of the better future.

After I got a bad hit of A I stopped searching for those who had the stuff. Nothing like feeling sick to your stomach for hours and having your trip misfire as if a TV tube is sparking out. Sad Sucks!

As for the antipsy's pharmaceuticals, far worse side effects than gain. And being there are knockoff's that are sold on-line because the U.S. has strict rules if you don't have a prescription, they can also kill you.

Pharmaceutical grade vitamin A. gets you there. There are Buddhist monks that Ommmmmmm for decades to get where one tab of good-for-you will take you in a few minutes.

But one warning! Don't ever do A for the first time by yourself. Or with someone that's an asshole.
That's my advice at least.

If you start to go into a bad trip you want someone level headed to guide you back. The bad trippers are the one's that make the news and scare people about A.
It's a choice. You can go over there where it starts to get dark and icky. Or you can come over here where the sun is brilliant, and rainbow lights follow the butterflies fluttering near the flowers on your right so that you feel joy and happiness. Or, you can choose not to.

But that's life, right? Choice.
My long winded coppers worth.

[Image: vcrzu1.jpg]