Brain balance Device?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Brain balance Device?
Long story short. I've got a good friend, recently diagnosed with bi polar.

(wasn't like any of us who knew her didn't already think it).

Today, over a late lunch she was lamenting that she can't sleep naturally anymore and doesn't want to take a pill...

(ironically the "pill" she supposed to take isn't really for sleeping but her bipolar disorder -- gotta love google)

So she's been using this thing called "brain balance" at first I thought it was a vitamin or something...but she said its a device she wears when she sleeps.

It "works" she said about once a week and a half and was "very expensive".

This to me sounded like a bit of snake oil, but I figured since I don't know I'd ask about it....

Has anyone heard of of this???

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2014, 07:33 PM
RE: Brain balance Device?
No; haven't heard a thing...
and this is the first thing I thought of when I read your post...
Laugh out load Tongue
[Image: bttf_pdvd_610.jpg?w=584&h=315]

Seriously, though, there's a place that goes by that name in Overland Park not too far from here! I'll PM ya some stuff, but it sounds like BS.

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
25-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Sounds like a question for Bucky.

He approved of the magic bone growing machine the doctor wanted me to use last fall when I snapped a toe in half. I was thinking 'woo' but Bucky found evidence for me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-09-2014, 07:40 PM
That does sound like a bunch of hooey... Is your friend just worried about the pill's side effects? I've heard they have a new one out there, but it seems to have a lot of really negative side effects Undecided

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
25-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Never heard of it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
25-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Maybe she places her head on a counter weight or something? Sometimes that helps people sleep..
25-09-2014, 08:59 PM
(25-09-2014 07:40 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  That does sound like a bunch of hooey... Is your friend just worried about the pill's side effects? I've heard they have a new one out there, but it seems to have a lot of really negative side effects Undecided

It's weird she talked about the med like a sleep aid.

She kept going on how it helped her sleep.
Yanno like unisons
That's how she got the brain balance device.

She was told that her brain chemistry is off

Her doctor prescribed the med.

She said she found out about brain balance.

25-09-2014, 09:02 PM
(25-09-2014 08:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 07:40 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  That does sound like a bunch of hooey... Is your friend just worried about the pill's side effects? I've heard they have a new one out there, but it seems to have a lot of really negative side effects Undecided

It's weird she talked about the med like a sleep aid.

Yanno like unisons

I suppose it might be hard to sleep if she is having a super manic or a super depressive phase... Consider maybe the meds balancing it out helps her sleep? Huh gunna google this device..

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
25-09-2014, 10:21 PM
(25-09-2014 09:02 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 08:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's weird she talked about the med like a sleep aid.

Yanno like unisons

I suppose it might be hard to sleep if she is having a super manic or a super depressive phase... Consider maybe the meds balancing it out helps her sleep? Huh gunna google this device..

I'm back at home. Smile

I have no idea, but I imagine it would be. The meds tho are for manic depression. She's supposed to take them at night, not to help her sleep tho.

I guess it's a side effect, or it helps level her out enough that she can sleep.

The device tho she said she hopes will replace the meds.

I don't know what it looks like. She said she wears it at night.

25-09-2014, 10:32 PM
The only thing I found (and I didn't look very hard at all) was a BrainPort device, but it helps with actual balance issues. Like if you're dizzy and fall down a lot for some reason.