Brain center responsible for ghosts identifed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Brain center responsible for ghosts identifed
http://www.voanews.com/content/neuroscie...10807.html

That's interesting.
I wonder how long it will be before they identify the pathways responsible for religious belief ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-11-2014, 03:41 PM
RE: Brain center responsible for ghosts identifed
Damn phone, I'm unable to open the link. Undecided

But this seems similar to the areas they found in the brain when stimulated the can reproduce the "death" experience, complete with tunnel, dead relatives, content feeling... interesting.

I would have to think that "religious belief" is more like a OCD condition and it's pathway would be something else that would indirectly trigger the behavior.

Very cool insights... can't wait to get to that link. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Oh, sweet sensations. Of course, just because we can make this all known through a physical explanation doesn't mean God didn't dunnit!
06-11-2014, 05:16 PM
(06-11-2014 03:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.voanews.com/content/neuroscie...10807.html

That's interesting.
I wonder how long it will be before they identify the pathways responsible for religious belief ?

Well they did say guardian angels, so that's pretty much is.
I'd love to see those ghosts finally stop getting air time. Don't get me wrong, I love a good ghost story but not when they posits that its actually real on the most flimsy evidence ever conceived. Then again that electronic voice phenomena did bring me out of that superstition as the "voices" you hear are so subjective you can make up multiple words or phrases being said, and when some one says " listen to when she says help me" that is exactly what you will hear, so suggestive.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
06-11-2014, 05:39 PM
That won't stop those who love manipulating science to fit their supernatural beliefs though... now instead of just electromagnetic field readers picking up ghosts, they'll start saying those scans are picking up actual ghosts inhabiting our brains.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-11-2014, 01:54 PM
I've just shown this article to my believer friend. His response:

Quote:See? That's the way God communicates. For me it's a proof that God is inside us.

WTF!! No Facepalm

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
08-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Unfortunately you can always impose god following any sort of discovery. Look at all the back-petaling the Catholic Church has done recently. The bible is true except for those little bits where God didn't really mean what he was saying lol!