Brain surgery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2017, 11:10 AM
RE: Brain surgery
(21-12-2017 10:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-12-2017 10:24 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Wow. I hope your friend recovers and gets back his sense of taste. Does he have family at home to help him in his recovery?

I kinda had a little bit of the lack of taste with my sinus problems. My sense of smell still isn't great. But what an operation your friend is having!. Modern science is amazing.

He has everything he needs, his wife and two daughters, one of whom is a physician.

Yes, it's quite the operation, performed at a research and learning hospital with the most advanced equipment and smart physicians. They do one of these a week, but the thing is that you don't know what you find when you get in there. Could be benign, could be nasty. The robotic part is very accurate, so the chances of a nasty tumor spreading are lower.

The nerves for smell and taste are not destroyed yet, they brought these senses back for a short while with antibiotics and steroids. (He used that short time to try to bulk up a bit). So there is a 50% chance he will get the senses back after the operation.

Is the operation being performed in Southern Oregon somewhere?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2017, 11:15 AM
(21-12-2017 11:10 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(21-12-2017 10:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  He has everything he needs, his wife and two daughters, one of whom is a physician.

Yes, it's quite the operation, performed at a research and learning hospital with the most advanced equipment and smart physicians. They do one of these a week, but the thing is that you don't know what you find when you get in there. Could be benign, could be nasty. The robotic part is very accurate, so the chances of a nasty tumor spreading are lower.

The nerves for smell and taste are not destroyed yet, they brought these senses back for a short while with antibiotics and steroids. (He used that short time to try to bulk up a bit). So there is a 50% chance he will get the senses back after the operation.

Is the operation being performed in Southern Oregon somewhere?

No, they don't have any advanced hospitals here.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-12-2017, 11:18 AM
I hope the surgery is successful and the recovery swift.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
21-12-2017, 11:19 AM
Wow, that's scary stuff, I hope he gets better.

I am always in awe of what our medical professionals are capable of doing these days.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
21-12-2017, 11:43 AM
Hug

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
21-12-2017, 11:47 AM
(21-12-2017 11:19 AM)unsapien Wrote:  Wow, that's scary stuff, I hope he gets better.

I am always in awe of what our medical professionals are capable of doing these days.
Yeah, they replaced 95% of my right eye. In six surgeries. Blink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
21-12-2017, 12:40 PM
Maybe he will come out with super intelligence or automatically knowing another language.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
21-12-2017, 01:19 PM
Hug
21-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Sadcryface
Hoping for the best for your friend Dom.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
21-12-2017, 05:10 PM
(21-12-2017 12:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Maybe he will come out with super intelligence or automatically knowing another language.

Well, one thing is for sure, he won't come back with stories of a bright light behind pearly gates and his ancestors waving at him - he's atheist.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post