Brain surgery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2017, 05:12 PM
RE: Brain surgery
(21-12-2017 05:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-12-2017 12:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Maybe he will come out with super intelligence or automatically knowing another language.

Well, one thing is for sure, he won't come back with stories of a bright light behind pearly gates and his ancestors waving at him - he's atheist.

Well in all seriousness I hope it goes well.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2017, 06:40 PM
(21-12-2017 05:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-12-2017 12:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Maybe he will come out with super intelligence or automatically knowing another language.

Well, one thing is for sure, he won't come back with stories of a bright light behind pearly gates and his ancestors waving at him - he's atheist.

That don't mean nothing. They're mechanically dicking around with his brain, no telling what kinda stories he'll come back with. Smile

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-12-2017, 11:41 PM
Hope things go well and he makes a full recovery.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-12-2017, 03:53 AM
Let's all hope for the best outcome for your friend Dom. My thoughts are with you.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
23-12-2017, 05:39 AM
How was it? Or did he not get the surgery yet? Is he ok?

Captain Underpants
23-12-2017, 06:31 AM
(23-12-2017 05:39 AM)Leerob Wrote:  How was it? Or did he not get the surgery yet? Is he ok?

I won't find out til next week. The TV station he does some work for hasn't said anything, so I assume he made it through. They would have announced it had he died. He said he would contact people the following week, I don't think he is home yet. If released, he'll be at his daughter's place (the physician) over the holidays with his family.

I have been poking around the web doing some research on this. Not much on it on the surface, but once you delve into teaching hospitals you can find stuff. There is a good chance it is a tumor caused by inhaling Roundup - a herbicide he has used in his work for years. But there are other possibilities also.

Waiting is driving me crazy and I'm going to stop researching this and distract myself.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-12-2017, 08:12 AM
Very scary...best wishes to him.

24-12-2017, 05:43 PM
He is home and not in too much pain. That is all I know thus far.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
08-02-2018, 02:38 PM
Well, for the 6 weeks of recovery he was doing ok, gaining strength, and his sense of taste and smell came and went randomly. He was told that was a good sign.

Week 7 - he was scheduled for a checkup at the end of the week, he suddenly felt awful and not right. He is on his way back to the surgeon to see what's going on...

Drives me nuts because I just get these quick text message updates every now and then.

This last one really has me worried.

08-02-2018, 04:29 PM
(08-02-2018 02:38 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, for the 6 weeks of recovery he was doing ok, gaining strength, and his sense of taste and smell came and went randomly. He was told that was a good sign.

Week 7 - he was scheduled for a checkup at the end of the week, he suddenly felt awful and not right. He is on his way back to the surgeon to see what's going on...

Drives me nuts because I just get these quick text message updates every now and then.

This last one really has me worried.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces