Brain vs soul.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-01-2017, 11:24 AM
Brain vs soul.
Greetings I was thinking of what the soul actually is and what functions does it have.
from what I researched it seems that our soul is made of tine biological robots and is probably material like it or not. even if it exist it is certainly located in our brains since it is the only organ that we will not be able to survive without. ,also if you think your soul is imaterial why can a simple knock to the head completly change your personallity. in short a brain transplant is the only operation where is is better do be the donor that the receiver. so to sum it up it it would seem that we are our brain. now I read recently that some people have nde's even when all brain function stop. it could possibly be formed while recovering. never the less i want to see what your opinion is.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2017, 11:34 AM
RE: Brain vs soul.
There is no evidence for "souls".
None

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Everything that makes us who we are is a physical component within the brain. The concept of the soul is as misguided as the concept of the heart as something more than a pump.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
27-01-2017, 11:56 AM
(27-01-2017 11:24 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Greetings I was thinking of what the soul actually is and what functions does it have.
from what I researched it seems that our soul is made of tine biological robots and is probably material like it or not. even if it exist it is certainly located in our brains since it is the only organ that we will not be able to survive without. ,also if you think your soul is imaterial why can a simple knock to the head completly change your personallity. in short a brain transplant is the only operation where is is better do be the donor that the receiver. so to sum it up it it would seem that we are our brain. now I read recently that some people have nde's even when all brain function stop. it could possibly be formed while recovering. never the less i want to see what your opinion is.

Where did you read that our souls are made of "biological robots". I'm interested to see this. What is the difference between the soul and something that is merely imaginary? I mean I have a mind, but when I contemplate what a soul is I have to imagine such a thing.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
27-01-2017, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2017 01:47 PM by yakherder.)
I view the human body and all its biological processes as being as mechanical as any robot, albeit more complex and less predictable due to our limited understanding of exactly how all those processes work. Perhaps that's similar to what he meant, perhaps not.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
27-01-2017, 12:42 PM
What the "soul" really is ---

Made up bullshit to convince weak minded people that they've got something to look forward to after death.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post
27-01-2017, 12:43 PM
I think the soul exists and is immaterial but it exists only as a fiction we create and ceases to exist with the author's death. Ripples may remain but they too diminish and disappear with time. The mind is dependent on the brain but it is no more the brain than Microsoft Word is the Dell computer running it. Who created Bob? Bob created Bob. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-01-2017, 12:44 PM
(27-01-2017 11:24 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Greetings I was thinking of what the soul actually is and what functions does it have.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2017, 12:45 PM
(27-01-2017 11:34 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is no evidence for "souls".
None

Since when has philosophy ever needed evidence?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2017, 01:05 PM
Brain vs soul.
The brain is the interface device for the soul. If the brain gets damaged the soul can not interface properly with the physical realm.