Brain vs soul.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-03-2017, 02:44 PM
RE: Brain vs soul.
(18-03-2017 02:36 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 01:32 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I would generally agree with you, however, It's not fun if he doesn't try. I'm not having any fun, so I'm not gaining anything from continuing. He fails to understand a single point, doesn't modify his position at all, just keeps parroting himself mindlessly. So he's not gaining anything from continuing. Therefor he no longer deserves my time.

Honestly, this may be compelling evidence that not all humans are aware, or self aware......

I'll let you decide.
What point did I fail to understand? Your unsubstantiated opinion? Facepalm
You do not counter argue anything. All you do is state your opinion and claim it to be a fact. Dodgy
A perfect Dunning Kruger

Here are 6 examples of baseless claims you have made:

15-03-2017 "There is no need for self awareness for cells to propagate and grow"
To date: No explanation given as to how this proves life processes precedes self awareness. It is not relevant to the topic & misdirection is a characteristic of trolling

15-03-2017 Memories = the self
To date: No citation, examples or explanation given.
This is not mentioned in any science book or research. dictionary.com says The Self is "a person's essential being that distinguishes them from others" it doesn't say the self is memories. Making up stuff to prove your point is downright dishonest & trollish.

16-03-2017: your word choices betray certain errors in the logical thought process behind your statements
To date: No citation, examples or explanation given. Still waiting for you to show me the "errors in logical thought process". If you found them you are doing a remarkable job of hiding it. Assassinating someone's character with unsubstantiated claims is another example of trolling.

16-03-2017: The brain causes self awareness..... and all that implies.... there is no evidence to suggest otherwise, and lots of evidence that suggests this is true
To date: No citation, examples or explanation given. In fact brainless jelly fishes are self aware.

16-03-2017: claim's I posit the soul IS as non physical. When have I ever done this?
To date: No citation, examples or explanation given. I only posit where the soul (the thing which causes self awareness) has not been found. In the Body

17-03-2017: Your argument fails both at Science and Philosophy.
To date: No citation, examples or explanation given. Still waiting for you to show me the "errors in logical thought process". If you found them you are doing a remarkable job of hiding it.

A Trolling Dunning Kruger is what you are Drinking Beverage

And children, here's an example of him parading things that should be self evident to him around! Wearing his failure to understand basic concepts as a badge of honor.

(this is the last joke I'm going to make at his expense because I don't want to be a bully, however I"ve repeatedly asked you and told you I have no interest in engaging you. Drop it. Leave me alone. Stop lying and quote mining me).

Edit^ oh and I'm pretty sure some of those quotes weren't even things I said. I'll have to check to be sure, but I can see 2 maybe 3 things slipped in there that I'd remember if I wrote them.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2017, 02:46 PM
(18-03-2017 01:58 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 01:43 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  So you brought nothing to the conversation except your unsubstantiated opinions and now your running away.Gasp
The only one wasting people's time here is you.Drinking Beverage

Lies and slander. Well done dude. Now kindly piss off.

15-03-2017 "There is no need for self awareness for cells to propagate and grow"
To date: No explanation given as to how this proves life processes precedes self awareness. It is not relevant to the topic & misdirection is a characteristic of trolling

This is not mentioned in any science book or research. dictionary.com says The Self is "a person's essential being that distinguishes them from others" it doesn't say the self is memories. Making up stuff to prove your point is downright dishonest & trollish.

16-03-2017: your word choices betray certain errors in the logical thought process behind your statements
To date: No citation, examples or explanation given. Still waiting for you to show me the "errors in logical thought process". If you found them you are doing a remarkable job of hiding it. Assassinating someone's character with unsubstantiated claims is another example of trolling.

16-03-2017: The brain causes self awareness..... and all that implies.... there is no evidence to suggest otherwise, and lots of evidence that suggests this is true
To date: No citation, examples or explanation given. In fact brainless jelly fishes are self aware. A perfect example of a Poe. A person who writes a parody of a Fundamentalist that is mistaken for the real thing.

16-03-2017: claim's I posit the soul IS as non physical. When have I ever done this?
To date: No citation, examples or explanation given. I only posit the soul (the thing which causes self awareness) has not been found in the Body

To date: No citation, examples or explanation given. Still waiting for you to show me the "errors in logical thought process". If you found them you are doing a remarkable job of hiding it.

A Trolling Dunning Kruger & an occasional Poe is what you are Drinking Beverage
18-03-2017, 02:47 PM
(18-03-2017 02:46 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 01:58 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Lies and slander. Well done dude. Now kindly piss off.

To date: No citation, examples or explanation given. In fact brainless jelly fishes are self aware. A perfect example of a Poe. A person who writes a parody of a Fundamentalist that is mistaken for the real thing.

To date: No citation, examples or explanation given. I only posit the soul (the thing which causes self awareness) has not been found in the Body

And you've now earned an ignore. Thanks for the spam. Fuck off.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
18-03-2017, 02:54 PM
(18-03-2017 01:04 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  This is the definition of Science:
Science is the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

No where in this definition does it say anything about absolute truths or reality now does it?
It does if you recognize that "the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world" refers to reality.

Update: Quote marks added for clarity.
[+] 3 users Like John Derderian's post
18-03-2017, 02:59 PM
(18-03-2017 02:54 PM)John Derderian Wrote:  
Science is the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

No where in this definition does it say anything about absolute truths or reality now does it?
It does if you recognize that "the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world" refers to reality.

So well put good sir!

Big Grin
18-03-2017, 02:59 PM
Hm, lets see ... "conflate", "poe", "Dunning-Krueger" ...

I suppose he has picked up some vocabulary from us so, it may not be a complete loss.

Not too bad, for a fourteen year old. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-03-2017, 03:00 PM
(18-03-2017 02:47 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 02:46 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Here are 6 examples of baseless claims you have made:

And you've now earned an ignore. Thanks for the spam. Fuck off.
How about you fuck off with the lies, unwarranted character assassination & general trolling.
Your new here and your picking a fight with someone that knows how to defend them self.
You were warned about me but you still chose to troll me.
18-03-2017, 03:02 PM
You are --> you're. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
18-03-2017, 03:04 PM
(18-03-2017 02:54 PM)John Derderian Wrote:  

Citation?
Did you just pull that out your... (oh your not on my naughty list)
Sorry... I meant to say:
Did you just invent that?
You made a claim to which I am unaware of. Can you please explain how you arrived at that conclusion or point me in the direction of your source of information?
18-03-2017, 03:08 PM
(18-03-2017 03:02 PM)kim Wrote:  You are --> you're. Shy

Honestly, this conversation has improved greatly without shane's posts visible. Far more entertaining and accurate now!

I should have done this ages ago Smile

I was hit with an epiphany. Something relating to your use of the word POE Kim. A one of the hallmarks of a schizophrenic mind is flaws in their logic. I have known a number of schizophrenics, and I find its really not so hard to understand them once you find the flaws in their logic.

The hard part, the one that makes life challenging for friends, family, and health professionals alike is you simply can not correct their flawed logical processes. At some point they either have to learn to trust the judgment of others, or they will never be able to find healing.

I feel like POE may mirror this phenomena, only without the hallucinations. What do you think?

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post