Brain vs soul.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-03-2017, 11:05 AM
RE: Brain vs soul.
(20-03-2017 01:42 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  What exactly happens with the split worm? Does the soul split? Or does it grow another one?
I've long had the same question about identical twins. Since the soul gets thumbtacked onto the fertilized egg at the time of conception, what happens when the egg later splits in two? Does the soul split in half? Or does only one twin get a soul, like in those evil twin movies?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like John Derderian's post
20-03-2017, 11:19 AM
(20-03-2017 11:05 AM)John Derderian Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 01:42 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  What exactly happens with the split worm? Does the soul split? Or does it grow another one?
I've long had the same question about identical twins. Since the soul gets thumbtacked onto the fertilized egg at the time of conception, what happens when the egg later splits in two? Does the soul split in half? Or does only one twin get a soul, like in those evil twin movies?

Surely this means god speaks to us through the evil twin movies.
This is only logical. Angel

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-03-2017, 11:30 AM
(20-03-2017 11:05 AM)John Derderian Wrote:  

What about when more than one zygote merge to form a single embryo? Called chimera (after the creature of Greek mythology), this rare phenomenon has been observed in humans. One has to wonder what happens to the 'souls' involved... Rolleyes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(genetics)#Humans

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-03-2017, 11:35 AM
(20-03-2017 11:30 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What about when more than one zygote merge to form a single embryo? Called chimera (after the creature of Greek mythology), this rare phenomenon has been observed in humans. One has to wonder what happens to the 'souls' involved... Rolleyes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(genetics)#Humans
I guess this one is handled by the Greek gods. Those guys probably have no problem swapping souls around or killing off an extra one.
[+] 2 users Like John Derderian's post
20-03-2017, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2017 03:50 PM by Bucky Ball.)
OMG. Such complications.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin#Polar...tical_Twin

The MAIN question, has not to do with any of this "soul" business. The MAIN thing here has to do with

what the hell bathroom are right-wing wacko politicians gonna make these poor babies use ? THAT is the important question. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-03-2017, 08:22 AM
(19-03-2017 09:41 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 09:36 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  If they have an objection to my arguments can they not tell me what it is rather than repeatedly stating I'm wrong and wishing that would be sufficient to convince me I'm wrong? Is this too much to ask?

I've done nothing but that, you fuckin' wanker. You literally ignored the content of every source you cited.

Now piss off.
Proof of identity can only be determined by finding the source of self awareness.
Example: The ability to read my thoughts does not prove my true identity. Nor does my ip address, email address, writing style or beliefs. No
Only I can prove that I am me, whereas you can only guess. Angel

Every source Shane cited unambiguously states, that Self Awareness is manifest at birth.
They also state that cognitive recognition of oneself occurs after 18 months.
Smartass

How can you claim that Self Awareness is the ability to cognitively recognize oneself which does not occur until after 18 months from birth.
18 months from birth ≠ At birth Drinking Beverage

You are contradicting the experts every time you make that claim. Shane has repeated that to you numerous times & you continuously ignore him. Dodgy
Shane has addressed every point you made thoroughly whilst providing numerous citations as evidence for his claims. Drinking Beverage

Providing Justifiable Evidence ≠ Quote Mining & Ignorance No

It's obvious who is ignoring who "you '......' wanker" Facepalm
21-03-2017, 09:25 AM
At work.

Hello G_D ! Big Grin

Not having a good screen etc I think the two things in your quote,

"Self awareness"

And

"Cognitive recognition"

Are two different things.

Ants, I am pretty sure, have some form of 'Self awareness'. They must, at a base level, 'know' where 'They' as an ant end and another ant begins. The same for what might be 'Food', 'Threat' etc.

No one, except perhaps for the pining for the fjords Ag_Shane, would be arguing ants are 'Cognitivly aware' of themselves or others.

Thumbsup
21-03-2017, 09:53 AM
(21-03-2017 09:25 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Hello G_D ! Big Grin

Not having a good screen etc I think the two things in your quote,

"Self awareness"

And

"Cognitive recognition"

Are two different things.

Ants, I am pretty sure, have some form of 'Self awareness'. They must, at a base level, 'know' where 'They' as an ant end and another ant begins. The same for what might be 'Food', 'Threat' etc.

No one, except perhaps for the pining for the fjords Ag_Shane, would be arguing ants are 'Cognitivly aware' of themselves or others.

Thumbsup
No
Shane has been arguing against that since the start of the thread.
He has been saying all along that things like ants & other lower life forms are sensually aware but not cognitively aware.
He claims that they have self awareness but not cognitive awareness.
When others claim that self awareness is brought about through consciousness he vehemently opposes the notion.

Is this why he was banned, or was it for some other reason?
21-03-2017, 10:30 AM
At work.

Well..... that was um, some kind of interesting.....

Consider
21-03-2017, 11:26 AM
The things that happen when you're sleeping. I wake up to strange going on's in the threads

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin