Brand New, Hello!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Brand New, Hello!
Hello,
I have been an atheist for some time now, and over the past few years it's importance in my life has been increasing steadily. It has reached a point where I find I can no longer maintain close social relationships with individuals who are vocal about their theism or spirituality. On social media I find I am often writing lengthy comments on other individuals posts pointing out the flaws in their arguments (something which I used to reserve for passionate political topics). I am thankful that I live in New York, where the majority of people I meet are not strong in their beliefs, but I find I would really enjoy the company of more like-minded individuals.

Which brings me here. Hello, my name is Nicholas and I am an atheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RomanovIII's post
13-07-2014, 02:35 AM
RE: Brand New, Hello!
Hi Nicholas and welcome to our little corner of the atheist world Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
13-07-2014, 02:43 AM
(12-07-2014 10:54 PM)RomanovIII Wrote:  Hello,
I have been an atheist for some time now, and over the past few years it's importance in my life has been increasing steadily. It has reached a point where I find I can no longer maintain close social relationships with individuals who are vocal about their theism or spirituality. On social media I find I am often writing lengthy comments on other individuals posts pointing out the flaws in their arguments (something which I used to reserve for passionate political topics). I am thankful that I live in New York, where the majority of people I meet are not strong in their beliefs, but I find I would really enjoy the company of more like-minded individuals.

Which brings me here. Hello, my name is Nicholas and I am an atheist.

Nicholas Romanov, eh? So the Little Father has returned!

Welcome, man. I hope you have an insightful and informative stay.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
13-07-2014, 06:10 AM
Welcome to the sane part of the net Consider Drooling

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens
13-07-2014, 07:36 AM
Yeah I was named after Nicholas Romanov the Second, so I have used "the third" as a handle every once in awhile after using it as a modelling name.
13-07-2014, 07:48 AM
(13-07-2014 07:36 AM)RomanovIII Wrote:  Yeah I was named after Nicholas Romanov the Second, so I have used "the third" as a handle every once in awhile after using it as a modelling name.

I'll be honest; I can't see why anybody would name their kid after Nicholas II....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
13-07-2014, 07:52 AM
[Image: welcome.gif]

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
13-07-2014, 11:16 AM
(13-07-2014 07:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 07:36 AM)RomanovIII Wrote:  Yeah I was named after Nicholas Romanov the Second, so I have used "the third" as a handle every once in awhile after using it as a modelling name.

I'll be honest; I can't see why anybody would name their kid after Nicholas II....

My grandparents on my father's side emigrated to the United States circa 1916 after his fall, and my mother was reading a book on his family history while she was pregnant. So it has some family history and ethnic ties in addition to being randomly inspired.
13-07-2014, 08:10 PM
(13-07-2014 11:16 AM)RomanovIII Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 07:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'll be honest; I can't see why anybody would name their kid after Nicholas II....

My grandparents on my father's side emigrated to the United States circa 1916 after his fall, and my mother was reading a book on his family history while she was pregnant. So it has some family history and ethnic ties in addition to being randomly inspired.

Guess that makes sense.