Brave Survivors.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Brave Survivors.
Here in N.S.W there have been horrendous bush fires.
I just watched an interview of a young couple who virtually lost everything.
Quite naturally the mother sought to move her children (and dogs) from the approaching flames.
The father stoically proclaimed that despite it all there were positives, and emphasised the strength the family had found in community.

My heroes are the firies, ambos, rescue workers, red Cross etc who really get in, risking limb and life for others. Really made me think a bit........................
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: Brave Survivors.
(26-10-2013 07:10 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Here in N.S.W there have been horrendous bush fires.
I just watched an interview of a young couple who virtually lost everything.
Quite naturally the mother sought to move her children (and dogs) from the approaching flames.
The father stoically proclaimed that despite it all there were positives, and emphasised the strength the family had found in community.

My heroes are the firies, ambos, rescue workers, red Cross etc who really get in, risking limb and life for others. Really made me think a bit........................

Fires, fires, everywhere; just another year.

It's good to see that most are getting out of the way with their lives, if not their things but I frequently wondering "Why do people keep going back and rebuilding towns and properties demolished by fires when they ought to know it'll likely happen again sooner rather than later..."

Despite my almost looking down at those who go back to just repeat inevitability as foolish, I do have a tremendous amount of respect for the men and woman work in the MFS and CFS who fight the fires and the paramedics and volunteers who set up aid-stations not far behind and the Defence personnel who fill out the ranks as needed. Not to mention those who stay and defend their properties from an nearing inferno, sometimes to the bitter end; perhaps they've the most courage... probably not the most brains in some instances though..

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-10-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: Brave Survivors.
That time of year eh?

I like it when NZ sends over some of our Firefighters and other rescue staff to help. Or when you guys send yours over here to help with whatever shit we got ourselves into this time. It's nice.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.