Breadfeeding in public.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2015, 08:48 AM
RE: Breadfeeding in public.
The woman took a picture of herself breastfeeding, or of another woman breastfeeding?

Your description is unclear.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2015, 08:49 AM
(08-04-2015 08:48 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The woman took a picture of herself breastfeeding, or of another woman breastfeeding?

Your description is unclear.

if it was of another, it's crazy, douchey and creepy.

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 3 users Like Alex K's post
(08-04-2015 08:46 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't get it. She took a selfie of herself breastfeeding her own child, posted it on fb with the comment it should be done in private?

If so, I find that ironic.

If I'm mistaken and got it wrong, I obviously need more coffee.

We always need more coffee.
The woman who posted the pic was not the woman in the pic. The woman in the pic was just some random person feeding a child.
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
I breast fed in public but I found a quite corner somewhere and covered myself up with a blanket.

The funny thing is that it's mostly other women who get all bent out of shape about breastfeeding in public. It doesn't seem to bother men so much. I can't figure that out. Huh

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-04-2015, 08:56 AM
(08-04-2015 08:49 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 08:46 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't get it. She took a selfie of herself breastfeeding her own child, posted it on fb with the comment it should be done in private?

The woman who posted the pic was not the woman in the pic. The woman in the pic was just some random person feeding a child.

Ok -- got it.

Thanks for clarifying

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-04-2015, 09:13 AM
(08-04-2015 08:49 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  

More coffee - yes. So true.

I never breast fed in public, didn't have the opportunity because I was too sick - but I refused to go out of my way to cover up in my own house where company was constant despite my requests to leave me the fuck alone - if the men were uncomfortable I didn't give a damn - I had just had my belly sliced the fuck open, was probably in CHF as evidenced by my flintstone feet and severe shortness of breath, and had c. diff - a hospital acquired intestinal infection, and I needed to pump or feed goddammit before my breasts exploded (it felt that way - but really, that's how mastitis can develop). Get outta the kitchen or living room or nursery if it offends you - you can surely get around much easier than a sick post op mom.

I personally don't see a problem with breast feeding an infant in public (kinda weird though if it's a toddler...), baby's gotta eat. You wouldn't eat your supper on a public bathroom toilet, why make a little baby. But then, I also don't see a problem with Mom having a blanket for modesty in a crowded public space.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
08-04-2015, 09:35 AM
Breasts have just been sexualized so much that a lot of people like to get their panties in a twist when they see a woman actually using them for the exact purpose they were made for.

The first few times I've witnessed women breastfeeding in public, I was kind of caught off guard and found it...fascinating? Because any of the women I've known always excused themselves to a more private area. So I just think it's cool seeing women not letting their surroundings keep them from feeding their child.

I'm pretty much desensitized by it at this point as should the rest of the public be, in my honest opinion.

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
[+] 1 user Likes kristenkjordan's post
08-04-2015, 09:40 AM
(08-04-2015 09:13 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 08:49 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  We always need more coffee.

More coffee - yes. So true.

I never breast fed in public, didn't have the opportunity because I was too sick - but I refused to go out of my way to cover up in my own house where company was constant despite my requests to leave me the fuck alone - if the men were uncomfortable I didn't give a damn - I had just had my belly sliced the fuck open, was probably in CHF as evidenced by my flintstone feet and severe shortness of breath, and had c. diff - a hospital acquired intestinal infection, and I needed to pump or feed goddammit before my breasts exploded (it felt that way - but really, that's how mastitis can develop). Get outta the kitchen or living room or nursery if it offends you - you can surely get around much easier than a sick post op mom.

I personally don't see a problem with breast feeding an infant in public (kinda weird though if it's a toddler...), baby's gotta eat. You wouldn't eat your supper on a public bathroom toilet, why make a little baby. But then, I also don't see a problem with Mom having a blanket for modesty in a crowded public space.

Lol, I had to use a blanket especially with my second. He would fall asleep and I'd usually fail to notice. His head would be back flopping and around and my boob would just hang out. Facepalm

I actually enjoyed nursing. I didn't have many of those pesky problems my girlfriends complained about.

Both boys also took the bottle or breast, but oddly both completely refused to hold their own bottle. So I couldn't prop the bottle. 2nd son did a bit better, he'd take juice or water in a smaller bottle and hold that himself.

Looking back, even though I felt it was a bother -- to me it was the whole point of NOT nursing, I actually like that I did it that way (sure, I could have forced the issue). It was nice to take a moment and just be close to them.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-04-2015, 09:45 AM
(08-04-2015 09:35 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  Breasts have just been sexualized so much that a lot of people like to get their panties in a twist when they see a woman actually using them for the exact purpose they were made for.

I wonder what men with such phobias do if they become fathers? Never touch their partner again? Turn away in disgust when they see her? Tongue
Come on guys, get a grip, these things are, among other things, sex object and milk machine at the same time. Fun for the whole family? I'm sure you can handle it.

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 2 users Like Alex K's post
08-04-2015, 09:52 AM
(08-04-2015 09:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 09:13 AM)Nurse Wrote:  More coffee - yes. So true.

Lol, I had to use a blanket especially with my second. He would fall asleep and I'd usually fail to notice. His head would be back flopping and around and my boob would just hang out. Facepalm

I actually enjoyed nursing. I didn't have many of those pesky problems my girlfriends complained about.

Both boys also took the bottle or breast, but oddly both completely refused to hold their own bottle. So I couldn't prop the bottle. 2nd son did a bit better, he'd take juice or water in a smaller bottle and hold that himself.

Looking back, even though I felt it was a bother -- to me it was the whole point of NOT nursing, I actually like that I did it that way (sure, I could have forced the issue). It was nice to take a moment and just be close to them.

Ugh. I tried. I really did - that time period gave moms that bottle fed grief over not nursing. I had the dermis completely sucked off. Ouch. And it was because my milk never came in due to dehydration. My son lost quite a bit of weight and was almost readmitted to the hospital for weight loss despite feeding every 1-2 hours. When I finally pumped (the experts said wait at least two weeks...my OB saw my condition at one week and told me to pump) I was only making 1 1/2 oz. When I stopped trying to breast feed (although the occasional pump to relieve the pressure), we both became healthier. He still cried through the night through 18 months, but hell, Similac made him quite the cute chunky baby - and now he's sooooo goddamn smart it's unbelievable. And he doesn't have near the allergies that I have - and I was a breast fed baby.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman