Breadfeeding in public.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2015, 09:54 AM
RE: Breadfeeding in public.
(08-04-2015 09:45 AM)Alex K Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 09:35 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  Breasts have just been sexualized so much that a lot of people like to get their panties in a twist when they see a woman actually using them for the exact purpose they were made for.

I wonder what men with such phobias do if they become fathers? Never touch their partner again? Turn away in disgust when they see her? Tongue
Come on guys, get a grip, these things are, among other things, sex object and milk machine at the same time. Fun for the whole family? I'm sure you can handle it.

That's funny. I know one guy that refused to have sex with his wife after watching his child being born. Eventually he got over it, they had more kids but he never actually watched the birth again. He also refused to watch her nurse or even be in the same room.

Hell, my hubby and I had a hard time waiting 6 weeks. Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-04-2015, 09:58 AM
(08-04-2015 09:54 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 09:45 AM)Alex K Wrote:  I wonder what men with such phobias do if they become fathers? Never touch their partner again? Turn away in disgust when they see her? Tongue
Come on guys, get a grip, these things are, among other things, sex object and milk machine at the same time. Fun for the whole family? I'm sure you can handle it.

That's funny. I know one guy that refused to have sex with his wife after watching his child being born. Eventually he got over it, they had more kids but he never actually watched the birth again. He also refused to watch her nurse or even be in the same room.
To me that's incredibly sad, isn't it?
Quote:Hell, my hubby and I had a hard time waiting 6 weeks. Big Grin
That's not so sad Tongue

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 4 users Like Alex K's post
08-04-2015, 10:03 AM
(08-04-2015 09:54 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 09:45 AM)Alex K Wrote:  I wonder what men with such phobias do if they become fathers? Never touch their partner again? Turn away in disgust when they see her? Tongue

Hell, my hubby and I had a hard time waiting 6 weeks. Big Grin

I remember being at a friend's house and there was this show on in the background. Some plastic surgery show or something based in southern California?

Anyway, this woman was having cosmetic surgery to get her vagina tightened and all I could seem to focus on was how pissed her husband was because he was told they wouldn't be able to have sex for like 6 weeks or something.

Like literally, the guy was pouting like a child with his arms crossed and face scrunched up. Weeping

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
08-04-2015, 10:06 AM
I had to pump with my firstborn because she was born without a rooting reflex and had too many medical issues that required the use of an NG tube. But she still got my milk. My secondborn I breastfed - in public and I never had anyone come up to me and ask me to cover her up or put a blanket over her head.

If someone would have done that, I would have responded with, let's see you eat your dinner in 90 degree weather with a blanket over YOUR head and see how you like it. People can be respectful enough to look away because it's not stare-worthy material. It's a baby eating. Side boob is all you "might" see. Rihanna has shown far more than side boob but because she's famous, I guess that makes it okay. :/ No, not really.

Just my two cents.
[+] 1 user Likes Judi Lynn's post
08-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Don't have kids. Is it wrong that I don't want to feed anyone with my breasts? Unsure

I don't care/mind if I see someone breastfeeding her baby. Can't believe people are hung up on this?

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
08-04-2015, 10:10 AM
(08-04-2015 10:03 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  Like literally, the guy was pouting like a child with his arms crossed and face scrunched up. Weeping

Tragic, to be in such a tight spot...

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 6 users Like Alex K's post
08-04-2015, 10:17 AM
(08-04-2015 10:10 AM)Alex K Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 10:03 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  Like literally, the guy was pouting like a child with his arms crossed and face scrunched up. Weeping

Tragic, to be in such a tight spot...

Bowing

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
08-04-2015, 10:28 AM
(08-04-2015 10:10 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Don't have kids. Is it wrong that I don't want to feed anyone with my breasts? Unsure

I don't care/mind if I see someone breastfeeding her baby. Can't believe people are hung up on this?

Thought it was weird myself up until the point that I thought my boobies would explode without relief. Instinct yo.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
08-04-2015, 10:29 AM
I am a bit more conservative on this issue. I have absolutely no problem with women breastfeeding in public. I do have an slight issue though, with women making a stink over establishments that wish for them to cover up while doing so. An exposed breast is very distracting and can make others uncomfortable, and the "this is the natural use for this body part!" argument is completely useless considering sexual intercourse, defecation, urination are all natural uses of the body that we deem to be unsuitable and inappropriate for the public. Our culture is at a point of no return when it comes to the sexualization of breasts, and trying to undo that isn't reasonable or feasible.

So yeah, I say go ahead and breastfeed in public, but please be respectful and cover up, especially when in an establishment that requests you to do so. If you are in your own home, do what you wish. It's your home after all (although it will be up to your guests how to take it).

But like I said, I'm a conservative on this issue. I don't even like being around other males who insist on peeing with the bathroom door open (that was a culture shock for me in college).

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
08-04-2015, 10:32 AM
"Breastfeeding is a disgusting practice that should be done in privacy and shame. Anyways, I'm gonna be late for my metzitzah b'peh."
[+] 1 user Likes Exian's post