Breadfeeding in public.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: Breadfeeding in public.
(08-04-2015 02:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 02:51 PM)rexbeccarox Wrote:  I'm 38 with no kids and no desire for them, but I get from people all the time, "now are you sure?"

Reading this makes me sure.

Well, the odds of multiple births increase with age...

I think you may have slammed shut and bolted the door on that for Becca. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
08-04-2015, 03:02 PM
(08-04-2015 02:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 02:51 PM)rexbeccarox Wrote:  I'm 38 with no kids and no desire for them, but I get from people all the time, "now are you sure?"

Well, the odds of multiple births increase with age...

Yep my friend was in her early 40s.

Scared the living shit out of me.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
08-04-2015, 03:04 PM
(08-04-2015 03:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 02:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Well, the odds of multiple births increase with age...

I think you may have slammed shut and bolted the door on that for Becca. Big Grin

It's not exactly rare that I agree with you Chas, and this is no exception No
[+] 1 user Likes rexbeccarox's post
08-04-2015, 03:07 PM
(08-04-2015 03:04 PM)rexbeccarox Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 03:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  I think you may have slammed shut and bolted the door on that for Becca. Big Grin

It's not exactly rare that I agree with you Chas, and this is no exception No

*counting negatives...*

oh, right! Me neither!

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 1 user Likes Alex K's post
08-04-2015, 03:11 PM
(08-04-2015 02:51 PM)rexbeccarox Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 02:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The first was born in late September (fraternal twin). The other two were born closer to their due date in October, but the first of the identical twins was delivered at 11:45pm and the second was delivered shortly after midnight.

Hense each has their own birthdate.

Science is cool.

I'm 38 with no kids and no desire for them, but I get from people all the time, "now are you sure?"

Word. I have no desire for children either.

[Image: oie_9101658pvlrOK2Z_zpsd5fb1967.png]
08-04-2015, 03:17 PM
(08-04-2015 03:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 02:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The first was born in late September (fraternal twin). The other two were born closer to their due date in October, but the first of the identical twins was delivered at 11:45pm and the second was delivered shortly after midnight.

Hense each has their own birthdate.

Science is cool.

So, a dual ovulation/fertilisation, with subsequent monozygotic twins? IIRC dizygotic triplets are actually fairly common so far as triplets are concerned. The circa-midnight birth is just coincidence, but separate deliveries is pretty odd. Maybe separate fertilisation events? Were fertility treatments involved? Not to pry, but, now I'm just curious. The vast majority of cases of 3+ multiple births are, in the modern world.

The story goes they were conceived naturally. At first they really thought just twins, then triplets later via ultrasound. Doctors realized pretty quick the girls were identical and the boy was a fraternal. The boy child's water broke and they couldn't completely stop the contractions. After he was born, the contractions did stop and they were able to put off delivery until the twins had more time.

Since she went close enough to term and the babies were good size and position they decided to let her deliver them. The crossing midnight was a total coincidence, serendipity.

I could commiserate with her somewhat because my second son was born at 30 weeks, but my water had broken at 27 weeks.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-04-2015, 03:21 PM
(08-04-2015 03:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The story goes they were conceived naturally. At first they really thought just twins, then triplets later via ultrasound. Doctors realized pretty quick the girls were identical and the boy was a fraternal. The boy child's water broke and they couldn't completely stop the contractions. After he was born, the contractions did stop and they were able to put off delivery until the twins had more time.

Since she went close enough to term and the babies were good size and position they decided to let her deliver them. The crossing midnight was a total coincidence, serendipity.

I could commiserate with her somewhat because my second son was born at 30 weeks, but my water had broken at 27 weeks.

I didn't realize that could happen but it makes sense. Learned something new today.
Thanks.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
08-04-2015, 03:26 PM
(08-04-2015 03:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I could commiserate with her somewhat because my second son was born at 30 weeks, but my water had broken at 27 weeks.

Ugh, man that's scary early

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 2 users Like Alex K's post
08-04-2015, 03:32 PM
(08-04-2015 03:21 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 03:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The story goes they were conceived naturally. At first they really thought just twins, then triplets later via ultrasound. Doctors realized pretty quick the girls were identical and the boy was a fraternal. The boy child's water broke and they couldn't completely stop the contractions. After he was born, the contractions did stop and they were able to put off delivery until the twins had more time.

I didn't realize that could happen but it makes sense. Learned something new today.
Thanks.

The doctors referred to the triplets as a litter. Laughat

08-04-2015, 03:45 PM
(08-04-2015 03:26 PM)Alex K Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 03:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I could commiserate with her somewhat because my second son was born at 30 weeks, but my water had broken at 27 weeks.

Ugh, man that's scary early

I was due September 27 and he was born August 13. My water broke the last week of July. I know this because we had just finished moving into a new house.

What was really scary was he weighed 5lbs 9oz and the NICU doctors placed him at 29 weeks. Undecided

But they had given steroids to help his breathing, more than once because they only last for so many days or something -- in case. His biggest issue was he couldn't breathe and nurse, so he was fed with the cutest NG tube ever. He was born on Friday (the 13th) and was released just a week later.

I don't know if his having autism is because of his premature birth.

But he's 15 and taller than me. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post