Breadfeeding in public.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2015, 06:19 PM
RE: Breadfeeding in public.
(08-04-2015 01:42 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  I wasn't trying to argue with you. I was merely going over the points that I saw needed a response. So I guess I'll rebut with:

1. That's irrelevant. ALL people need to eat regardless of how they get their nutrients. You miss the point of my first comment.
2. It is already a widely accepted practice that if you want to relieve yourself, you do it in private. Europeans have restrooms for relieving oneself too but breastfeeding is widely acceptable and considered normal even out in public, unlike here in 'Murica. Again, you are trying to compare apples to oranges.
3. The next time you are in a restaurant, I urge you to bring a blanket so that when you get served your meal, you can get under it and eat. Mothers and babies shouldn't have to sacrifice the necessity to eat for someone else's comfort.
4. You make it sound as if a mother just whips out a boob for all the world to see. If taught right and done right, no one ever even notices because the babe is already against the mom while she very discreetly puts babe and boob in place. I think your idea of how breastfeeding is conducted is a bit far-fetched.
5 & 6. Again, you miss the point entirely. And since you'd like to bring the law into this.. breastfeeding is covered under the US Constitution's Bill of Rights. While "breastfeeding" isn't stated, the term "LIFE" is. Babies who are breastfed, depend on a mother's milk for survival. Because of this, they are protected under the color of the law. And actually it is discrimination for any establishment to turn away a mother and a nursing child simply because the child is nursing. Why do you think you don't see a barrage of lawsuits out there in the news about this? Because establishments know they will lose in court.
7. See my response to number 3.
8. As do the overwhelming majority of people. So why is this such a huge issue for you here?
I'm sorry, but I'm really not interested in debating this. I've said my opinion, and I understand yours differs.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2015, 06:51 PM
This topic makes me so fucking angry. One of my friends is a mother and she's posted a few photos of herself breastfeeding her child. People have the audacity to attempt to report her photos, but it never gets anywhere because photos of breastfeeding babies does not void the terms and conditions of facebook. It just makes me so fucking angry because society today is okay with sex scenes in films, half naked celebrities plastered everywhere, and "becoming comfortable with showing off one's body" yet people aren't okay with something as basic and natural as BREASTFEEDING A CHILD. You know, for the CHILD'S SURVIVAL. Like? Breastfeeding children has been acceptable since the BEGINNING OF TIME THO. The only time there's something fucking weird about breastfeeding is when you're Catelyn Stark's fucked up sister in GoT and you're breastfeeding like a 12 year old.
[+] 6 users Like Ferdinand's post
08-04-2015, 07:35 PM
I'm more of an ass man myself. But, hey, to each his (or her) own.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
09-04-2015, 04:45 AM
My babys comfort or some stranger idiot who's uncomfortable...who am I gonna care about. Hmm....

Feed those babies! Screw the haters.
[+] 6 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
09-04-2015, 04:49 AM
I couldn't care less, breast feed away. Personally I wouldn't care if people were walking around naked all the time. As long as they are not actively getting in my face, or getting parts of them in my face... then I'll leave them to it.

In England, I think we're remarkably prudish compared to most of the world.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
09-04-2015, 05:52 AM
Breadfeeding in public.
I like Jim Carrey's view on public breastfeeding.

09-04-2015, 05:56 AM
(09-04-2015 05:52 AM)KUSA Wrote:  I like Jim Carrey's view on public breastfeeding.

Erm, what exactly am I seeing here? Tongue

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
09-04-2015, 05:59 AM
Breadfeeding in public.
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0183505/

It was a movie.

He saw a woman breastfeeding and decided to take a drink.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
09-04-2015, 06:55 AM
Oh and then I have a big fucking deal with "breastfeeding blankets" or capes or whatever that shit is called, because when my friend I mentioned earlier began posting photos of her breastfeeding her baby, a couple of people were like "Oh you should buy this dumbass blanket to put over your baby's head so the small minority of us who are bothered by the means of infant survival don't have to watch." and that just really fucking bothers me because bitch I DON'T WANT TO EAT MY FOOD UNDER A BLANKET. Shit gets hot as hell under blankets. I've also heard of a lot of people's babies being unable to eat under those boob umbrellas too, so there's that.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
09-04-2015, 07:31 AM
(08-04-2015 07:35 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I'm more of an ass man myself. But, hey, to each his (or her) own.

Crickets

I really anticipated that joke going over a little better than it did. But, then, I am usually that guy that inserts humor at the most inappropriate time.

But seriously, I think most people who are offended by breastfeeding do so out of some overdeveloped sexualization of boobs. If modern society could be desensitized a bit to and not get all excited at the sight of an areola, all this hullabaloo would go away.

Therefore, my solution is that we bring out the tits. Problem solved.

Popcorn

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 4 users Like TurkeyBurner's post