Breakdown on gays.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2012, 04:38 PM
RE: Breakdown on gays.
Time.
Heart For onlookers and all involved; this too shall pass.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
17-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Sorry? 21st century?

Tell your friend to drop to her knees and beg her mom to be more understanding.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes NotSoVacuous's post
17-01-2012, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2012 09:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
Speaking as someone who took in a 16 yo neighbor kid friend of my sons' for a year because his mom kicked him out for being gay, I'm with kim, mom'll get over it. This family was Nigerian and not religious so I think the revulsion may have been cultural in this instance. But mom got over it. I mean she was pissed as hell at me, but she got over that that too.

It all worked out. She realized that it wasn't worth losing a son over and came around. He is now a fine, young 26 yo man pursuing a Graduate Degree in Physical and Occupational Therapy.

My son did ask when his friend moved in, "Dad, what would you do if I was gay?" "Whaddya mean son, I don't give a damn where you want to stick your dick just keep it away from my ass. And your brothers can take care of themselves. And tell your friend while it's okay to grab my ass as a greeting, manually checking out my package is a tad over the top."

(17-01-2012 02:26 AM)lucradis Wrote:  True story but before I met my current lady and had my daughter I has never loved anyone and was actually wondering if I may have been a sociopath. Not even kidding.

Nah ... you're kidding me. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Imagine my dismay when I opened this thread, at first glance I thought it read: Breakdancing gays. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
18-01-2012, 01:39 AM
(18-01-2012 12:26 AM)kim Wrote:  Imagine my dismay when I opened this thread, at first glance I thought it read: Breakdancing gays. Undecided

Well shit.. I didn't want you to be completely let down Kim so .. i did some searching on youtube for ya... and let me tell you did I find some nightmares!... anyhow.. um..

here .. enjoy Kim...

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
18-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Oooooookay.

Not that I'm in any way sensitive to stereotyping, you understand . . . but in the interest of balance and for the record, let me just put up a few vids of notable gay men who are a tad different from the Gaga-dancers ("not that there's anything wrong with that") in the previous post. Wink

Rugby star Gareth Thomas:

Skeptic and atheist James Randi:

Actor Zachary Quinto:

Congressman Barney Frank:

"Father of the computer" Alan Turing:

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 3 users Like cufflink's post
18-01-2012, 03:39 PM
OP, what happened to your friend? User title says Unregistered User.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
18-01-2012, 05:03 PM
(18-01-2012 03:39 PM)germanyt Wrote:  OP, what happened to your friend? User title says Unregistered User.

Not my room to say. All I can say is; sometimes, your actions catch up to you, you know?
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
18-01-2012, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2012 12:09 AM by GirlyMan.)
(18-01-2012 03:35 PM)cufflink Wrote:  "Father of the computer" Alan Turing:

What they did to one of my heroes just because he was gay was downright abhorrent and barbaric. As a hypogonadal male, GirlyMan might know a thing or two about what the poor bastard went through. And no, Gordon Brown, your apology is not accepted, it's 55 years too late and can in no way make up for the lost contribution to our collective intelligence. Fucking genius might very well still be alive today if you hadn't pumped his ass full of estrogen. Barbaric fucking idiots.

And I didn't know Randi was gay. Guess it never really mattered enough to me to look it up. Never crossed my mind. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-01-2012, 08:59 PM
You know what would be great? If all the guys in Cufflinks last post were in a break dancing video together. Pure awesomeness.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post