Breakfast.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Breakfast.
Not many breakfast recipes in this section. I figure I'd get some going since I had an early morning and decided to make my girls a breakfast to go.

This is one that is perfect for someone who doesn't like to eat until they've been up for an hour or two, since it keeps well, and is a one handed meal. Add whatever touches you like, but keep it fairly simple. The point is to make an easy, high protein breakfast, that tastes awesome.

French toast a thick slice of cinnamon raisin bread. I use homemade bread (there's always fresh bread at my house) but store bought will work just fine. Cut the bread in half before you dip it in the egg and grill it. Meanwhile, cook up a few slices of bacon (more is better, not like you didn't know that already Wink )

Stack into a thick sandwich, and roll into a paper towel. That's it! The big surprise is how well the bacon goes with the raisins. Seems like an odd combo, but trust me. The flavors go incredibly well together.

Pro tip: Use this recipe when you are down to the last bit of bread. Before you start anything else, take the bread out, cut it, and let it sit in the open air. Slightly stale bread works great because it will soak up more egg. If it's dried enough, a single slice will soak up a whole egg! Plenty of protein to start your day, good carbs for the morning energy boost, and if you add a piece of fruit (I like citrus fruit in the morning) it's a really well rounded breakfast.

Who else has some original breakfast ideas?

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
08-02-2013, 09:18 AM
RE: Breakfast.
I've just had Vietnamese for supper.
I think I'll have a Thai for breakfast.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
08-02-2013, 09:21 AM

(08-02-2013 09:18 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I've just had Vietnamese for supper.
How many times I gotta tell you man? This is the food section.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
08-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Toasted bagel, a couple slices of ham, a load of whatever cream cheese you desire.

Quick, easy, delicious. Smile

(Hey Stark! Big Grin)

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2013, 09:49 AM
I like to make English muffin, egg, cheese, meat sandwiches for breakfast, to stay or go.
Whatever meat is at hand - bacon, ham, sausage, steak, roast beef, roast pork, corned beef, brisket, pot roast, whatever.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
08-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Always ready real cereal, no crappy additives etc
While making dinner, bring some water to a boil.
Turn off, add some steel cut oats (most supermarkets have these now, but usually not in the cereal section), flax seed meal, any and all grains or seeds or nuts you like, let cool while you are having dinner, then put in fridge.
In the morning, add whatever you like. Pop in micro and have great tasting, easy, super healthy breakfast.
You can go with a sweet breakfast, add water, honey, nuts and fruit (fresh, dried or even canned if you like that) or you can go with adding some milk, butter, salt, pepper, even eggs or yesterday's leftover meat or veggies.
You can also fry it in a pan without adding liquid but mixed with any ingredients you like and have it sliced as solid.
It's convenient, healthy and very versatile, just combine with anything you like.
You can make enough to last a week at a time...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-02-2013, 12:24 PM
(08-02-2013 09:21 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I've just had Vietnamese for supper.
(08-02-2013 09:18 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I think I'll have a Thai for breakfast.
How many times I gotta tell you man? This is the food section.
My exact first thought.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

10-02-2013, 08:02 AM
(08-02-2013 09:18 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I've just had Vietnamese for supper.
[Image: 763ae8b1c9_2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg]

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
10-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Breakfast.
Stark, sounds tasty to me. One sticking point though: when I make French toast in our house the word "dip" cannot be used to describe bread-to-egg. We "soak". The egg must permeate!

DLJ, I am so envious of your location right now. I haven't had decent pho in months now. There is one good place near my office and its far enough that its not viable when workloads are heavy.

And I agree, Vietnamese for breakfast sounds delicious!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
10-02-2013, 10:03 AM
I am not much of a breakfast person. But when I am I normally like to have eggs benedict on toast and baby spinich. Smile

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard