Breaking Bad

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2012, 07:07 AM
RE: Breaking Bad
(28-08-2012 07:01 AM)frankiej Wrote:  No... I happen to be a stoner from just a little bit up north called Frankie.

frankie...Jen.... Close enough.Dodgy Tongue

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
28-08-2012, 07:17 AM
(28-08-2012 07:07 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 07:01 AM)frankiej Wrote:  No... I happen to be a stoner from just a little bit up north called Frankie.

frankie...Jen.... Close enough.Dodgy Tongue

And Frankie isn't even my real name... it is just what everyone calls me. You can call me Jen if you want... hell, you can call me want you want, baby. Wink

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
28-08-2012, 08:24 AM
(28-08-2012 07:17 AM)frankiej Wrote:  And Frankie isn't even my real name... it is just what everyone calls me. You can call me Jen if you want... hell, you can call me want you want, baby. Wink

Tongue So Jen. What is your real name if it isn't frankie?

28-08-2012, 08:28 AM
(28-08-2012 08:24 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 07:17 AM)frankiej Wrote:  And Frankie isn't even my real name... it is just what everyone calls me. You can call me Jen if you want... hell, you can call me want you want, baby. Wink

Tongue So Jen. What is your real name if it isn't frankie?

Whoa, that shit is confidential.

28-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Ahh I see. So you one of those witness protection kinda things going on.

28-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Nah, my real name is Iain, but everyone calls me Frankie J. Tis a long story how that one came about.

[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
29-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Just watched The Pilot last night. Oh God... I'm hooked. And I have 2 hours before my next class. Episode 2!

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Ghost0fBanquo's post
31-08-2012, 10:11 AM
OK so I happened to catch another few minutes of the newest episode the other night and the sound was fine... not sure what the problem was before. Anyway it was so ... good, that it drove me to illegally download the first two episodes to watch. (I know I could have just streamed them but I wanted to watch them on the big tv with the wife.)

Wow. I think it may be the best contender for taking Dexter out of the number one spot for newer shows. I also think it might be a rather easy victory. The only bone of contention I have with the show thus far is the wife character is fucking retarded. Her going over to a dealers house whilst pregnant to threaten him, and barging into his property is absolutely ridiculous and if there was a person dumb enough to do that they would likely have been hurt. But everything else was epic. I have gone from enjoying Brian Cranston to loving the guy.

Also a point in favor of internet piracy, I am going out later today to purchase the entire first season legit. So fuck you hollywood. I pirate because there is so much crap out there at stupid high prices that I need a taste test first. No one can say that I don't purchase shit tons of media, but only when it's worth the money. Stop putting out crap and charging an arm and a leg and piracy rates will drop. Promise.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
31-08-2012, 12:25 PM
(31-08-2012 10:11 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Wow. I think it may be the best contender for taking Dexter out of the number one spot for newer shows. I also think it might be a rather easy victory.

Dude, I'm a huge Dexter fan, but the last several seasons have been a bit....boring. I liked the premise of incorporating the whole religious theme in the last season, and I especially loved this scene with Dexter and Batista talking about religion and Dexter thinking to himself, because it makes no sense. But yeah, I don't feel as excited about the newer episodes as much as I did bad in the first seasons.

Breaking Bad, on the other hand, and this is just my opinion, keeps getting better season after season. I guess Dexter needs a better overarching theme.

"If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal." - Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist Jesus's post
31-08-2012, 12:31 PM
I wholeheartedly agree about Dexter. I actually have found myself disliking huge chunks of the show, and think that trend will continue. I really enjoy the way they treat Dexter as a character (minus the find a friend season) and I like watching him become what he is.

Sort of why I really enjoyed the first two episodes of BB. Watching Walt come out of his shell is very interesting and seems to be handled in a very impressive way. I loved the long shots of him thinking after he was diagnosed. I've cheated a bit and seen what he is to become, but I think it's ok because it's mostly the journey that is going to matter I think.

Also it seems as if they treat the kid who's name I cant remember right now (cap'n cook) in the same way, i.e. giving him a character makeover that title characters usually only receive.

I tend to read a lot more into things than actually exist. Still I look forward to the marathon of watching I'm likely going to experience later on.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison