Breaking Bad

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2012, 12:40 PM
RE: Breaking Bad
Yeah, I definitely think that's what makes shows great, character development. And the other guy's name is Jesse. Not only that, but their change in behaviors, without giving away much, influences the lives of the people around so much. And it's not always clear-up as to what they want. Pretty realistic.

"If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal." - Carl Sagan
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2012, 09:59 AM
My wife wouldn't stay up to watch the last two episodes of the first season because she's fucking old and vying for the title of super lameo.

Fuck me though, this show is fantastic. Even the episode with the intervention is superb. Slow as fuck but totally riveting. Brian Cranston has this amazing ability to make himself cry at will. I bet hes thinking about some kitty he had as a child. That would work for me. ... going to get season two tomorrow... God dammit.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
03-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Luc. I see what you mean about the sound being all over the place. I didn't notice it until the third season. It got to the point where I had to put on subtitles so I could know what the fuck was going on.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
03-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Yeah I'm burning through the second season at the moment, and I think I know why now. It seems as though the crew is trying to find their voice. Somethings come and go but others remain as their signature shooting style.

My guess is that sound mixing never really gets sorted. Seems to be different every couple of episodes. Some are great others are a bit worse.

I noticed that the camera quality shot right up on season two, not that the first seasons quality was bad but season two is much higher or so I think.

I'm loving this show. I don't want to jump the gun but I'm pretty sure it's my new top dog. Only tow characters I'm not overly fond of and one isn't too bad ( Hank ) and one who is almost not redeeming at all ( Skyler ) I really hope she gets less time on screen in future seasons. Don't tell me if you already know.

The biggest surprise to me is that I actually enjoy Jesse as a character. He's my second favorite. A little wanna be gangster kid who is remarkably endearing. I've known tons of guys just like him in styling and unfortunately not character.

I'm going as Walt for Halloween. I've already shaved my head and shall commence goatee growing at once.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
03-09-2012, 08:48 PM
(03-09-2012 06:37 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I'm loving this show. I don't want to jump the gun but I'm pretty sure it's my new top dog. Only tow characters I'm not overly fond of and one isn't too bad ( Hank ) and one who is almost not redeeming at all ( Skyler ) I really hope she gets less time on screen in future seasons. Don't tell me if you already know.
I'm going as Walt for Halloween. I've already shaved my head and shall commence goatee growing at once.

Hank has his ups and down. I'm not sure how I feel about him. I like him in some episodes, but he annoys the heck out of me on some. And yeah, Skyler is beyond annoying.

Are you serious about dress as Walt for Halloween? If so, that's freakin' awesome haha

"If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal." - Carl Sagan
08-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Has anyone been on Saul Goodman's Site? Big Grin

08-09-2012, 11:02 AM
(08-09-2012 10:45 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Has anyone been on Saul Goodman's Site? Big Grin

That is freakin' awesome! I've only visited the website Walter Jr. made for Walt.

[+] 1 user Likes Atheist Jesus's post
08-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Those are both awesome but I give the one up to Walter jr's site seeing as how if you click donate it takes you to a page that allows you to donate to cancer for real. Smart.

By the way I am on season 3 now. Only watched the first two episodes and was starting to think that while they were good they also seemed kind of meh until suddenly I didn't think that anymore. Wife wouldn't go for a hat trick with me though. Sad. Wah wah I wanna sleep.

08-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Although I enjoyed it, I didn't feel season 3 was as good as the other 2. I can't go into it without spoilers so I'll leave it at that.

08-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Really? I like season 3 better than season 2. At least after like episode 4ish