Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2016, 08:59 AM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
(16-07-2016 08:19 AM)izel Wrote:  Good news is, life is getting back to normal and order has been restored.
Bad news, over 160 people are dead, and Erdoğan is untouchable from now on.

These wasn't ordinary military coup, there were no more then few thousand solders following orders from few generals. Navy and most other military branches were never involved and against it, including all the opposition parties.

To answer RC's question, Erdoğan is claiming that Fethullah Gülen was behind this.

Fethullah Gülen is a Islamic scholar, he has a lot of schools around the world and lives in United States. His movement is associated with a lot of charter schools across the United States. They seem to be more secular in foreign countries but in Turkey they literally brainwash their cult members.

Izel,

Just needed to say a special thank you for posting and keeping us updated (as best you could) from your very unique point of view on what's going on.

Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-07-2016, 09:11 AM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
(16-07-2016 08:59 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-07-2016 08:19 AM)izel Wrote:  Good news is, life is getting back to normal and order has been restored.
Bad news, over 160 people are dead, and Erdoğan is untouchable from now on.

These wasn't ordinary military coup, there were no more then few thousand solders following orders from few generals. Navy and most other military branches were never involved and against it, including all the opposition parties.

To answer RC's question, Erdoğan is claiming that Fethullah Gülen was behind this.

Fethullah Gülen is a Islamic scholar, he has a lot of schools around the world and lives in United States. His movement is associated with a lot of charter schools across the United States. They seem to be more secular in foreign countries but in Turkey they literally brainwash their cult members.

Izel,

Just needed to say a special thank you for posting and keeping us updated (as best you could) from your very unique point of view on what's going on.

Heart

Thank you Moms and I would like to thank everyone in my TTA family for keeping me in their thoughts and prayers, well, not the prayers Laugh out load but yeah in the most humble way possible, I thank every one of you. Heart you all.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like izel's post
16-07-2016, 09:17 AM
Izel, are you hearing anything about the suspension of the judges? If true I'd like to know how the administration justifies gutting the justice system? Is that even legal?

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
16-07-2016, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2016 09:32 AM by izel.)
(16-07-2016 09:17 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Izel, are you hearing anything about the suspension of the judges? If true I'd like to know how the administration justifies gutting the justice system? Is that even legal?

[Image: o74vXk.jpg]
They're talking about it now, 2745 judges and prosecutors have been dismissed.

Good news is, the parliament and people seems more united today then they have been in decade, this was an act of treason by few generals ordering soldiers to shoot they're own people. This has never been seen in this country, which is most likely what got the people against it and they failed. A lot of the soldiers turned down their weapons and disobey their orders within minutes of the coup. Even those who hate Erdoğan seem to be in support of the government. Like I mentioned few times in this thread, military in Turkey is a holy thing, everyone joins and serves, if you do not, you'd be looked down. For Turks to go against their military or wise versa is unheard. A lot of people will be heavily punished for this.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 3 users Like izel's post
16-07-2016, 09:35 AM
Izel,
Have you heard the rumours that the treasonous generals were actually far-right wing extremists who considered Erdogan to be too liberal / secular?

If not, please start one.

Thanks.

Angel

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
16-07-2016, 09:38 AM
(16-07-2016 07:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am not one for conspiracy theories, but it sure smells like Erdogan knew about this ahead of time. So he was able to manipulate some of the military leaders to play into his hands. The fact that the military there has done this before repeatedly and yet made such basic "mistakes", like not arresting him, not shutting down communications and not enforcing their rule just reeks.

He will benefit from all of this the most.

He now gets to rid the country of people who oppose him and he gets to pass whatever laws he wants.

I think it's also possible most of the military was waiting for a signal from uncle Sam. When it became clear the US was opposed, they decided to change direction.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
16-07-2016, 09:47 AM
(16-07-2016 09:35 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Izel,
Have you heard the rumours that the treasonous generals were actually far-right wing extremists who considered Erdogan to be too liberal / secular?

If not, please start one.

Thanks.

Angel

Well, Erdoğan is claiming Fethullah Gülen and his "dogs" (In Erdoğan's words) were behind this. If true then yes, Fethullah Gülen is right wing and has huge support base by right wingers here and abroad. Here is one of them, talking about going to help his brothers and take down the government.
https://twitter.com/140journos/status/75...5964334080

1 Like = 1 Prayer
16-07-2016, 09:58 AM
I would also like to remind all of you that the media here is very unreliable. It is controlled by Erdoğan's government and they report exactly what Erdoğan wants them to.

A lot of people here believe that this coup was done by Erdoğan himself. Coups are usually done at mid-night, when everyone's asleep and no one can react until it's all over. This one was done literally at prime time 21:30. Immediately after Erdoğan encouraged people to get out to the streets via facetime. Very fishy Dodgy

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 5 users Like izel's post
16-07-2016, 10:00 AM
(16-07-2016 09:27 AM)izel Wrote:  They're talking about it now, 2745 judges and prosecutors have been dismissed.

Why and by what authority?

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
16-07-2016, 10:06 AM
(16-07-2016 09:58 AM)izel Wrote:  I would also like to remind all of you that the media here is very unreliable. It is controlled by Erdoğan's government and they report exactly what Erdoğan wants them to.

A lot of people here believe that this coup was done by Erdoğan himself. Coups are usually done at mid-night, when everyone's asleep and no one can react until it's all over. This one was done literally at prime time 21:30. Immediately after Erdoğan encouraged people to get out to the streets via facetime. Very fishy Dodgy

I believe this too. I think it was a power grab by Erdogan.

Oh, and that speech he held was very smooth, all planned out...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man