Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2016, 10:08 AM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
I have never seen anything like this. Soldiers cowering before civilians.

[Image: Cnfjj5nWIAALmv4.jpg]

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
16-07-2016, 10:09 AM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
(16-07-2016 10:00 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(16-07-2016 09:27 AM)izel Wrote:  They're talking about it now, 2745 judges and prosecutors have been dismissed.

Why and by what authority?

By AKP authority, without any investigation. This in itself is evidence that the military coup may be done by Erdogan's AKP. Judges have nothing to do with a military uprising, having to remove so many civic officials from positions the very next day implies it has been scheduled well in advance.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like izel's post
16-07-2016, 10:11 AM
(16-07-2016 10:08 AM)tomilay Wrote:  I have never seen anything like this. Soldiers cowering before civilians.

This is after the soldiers put down their arms to surrender to the government. One of the top generals have ordered them to lay down their arms and Police failed to protect them as they did. This is a heart braking and shameful picture

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 5 users Like izel's post
16-07-2016, 10:21 AM
(16-07-2016 10:11 AM)izel Wrote:  
(16-07-2016 10:08 AM)tomilay Wrote:  I have never seen anything like this. Soldiers cowering before civilians.

This is after the soldiers put down their arms to surrender to the government. One of the top generals have ordered them to lay down their arms and Police failed to protect them as they did. This is a heart braking and shameful picture

Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering how they found themselves in that situation. Maybe the top general should have deferred to the commanders on the ground.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
16-07-2016, 01:11 PM
It's a conscript army. They are totally untrained. Every man in Turkey is called up every few years to do a few months in the Army and mainly they are just given a few courses and a volleyball.

I suspect what has happened is that one faction in the Army did this, thinking it would gain the support of the rest of the Army. The Armed forces in Turkey number 600,000, mainly conscripts, and it is divided along the same lines as Turkish society.

The core of the Army is Kemalist, or followers of Ataturk. A while ago they gave Erdogan a batallion to defend him and, at the same time, Erdogan hired 50,000 private security personnel. It is unlikely that the attempted coup was started by the main Army. More likely, as Erdogan is now saying, the Gulenists in the army started it and did not get the support of the Kemalists. The Kemalists don't like Erdogan either but they would not stage a coup.

Anyway, it's over now and there will be a lot of trials and continuing purges.

I just wonder if the growing paranoia which Erdog must be feeling will have its effect, sooner rather than later. He will become more extreme and more bizarre in his behaviour.
[+] 2 users Like Deltabravo's post
16-07-2016, 01:39 PM
İzmir tonight

[Image: B27JV9.png]
[Image: 4lyd24.jpg]
[Image: dbg6jV.jpg]

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 4 users Like izel's post
16-07-2016, 02:32 PM
(16-07-2016 01:11 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  It's a conscript army. They are totally untrained. Every man in Turkey is called up every few years to do a few months in the Army and mainly they are just given a few courses and a volleyball.

I suspect what has happened is that one faction in the Army did this, thinking it would gain the support of the rest of the Army. The Armed forces in Turkey number 600,000, mainly conscripts, and it is divided along the same lines as Turkish society.

The core of the Army is Kemalist, or followers of Ataturk. A while ago they gave Erdogan a batallion to defend him and, at the same time, Erdogan hired 50,000 private security personnel. It is unlikely that the attempted coup was started by the main Army. More likely, as Erdogan is now saying, the Gulenists in the army started it and did not get the support of the Kemalists. The Kemalists don't like Erdogan either but they would not stage a coup.

Anyway, it's over now and there will be a lot of trials and continuing purges.

I just wonder if the growing paranoia which Erdog must be feeling will have its effect, sooner rather than later. He will become more extreme and more bizarre in his behaviour.

Maybe the Gulanists wanted to do a coup, told the Kemalists about it. They ratted them out to Erdogan who saw the perfect opportunity to grab power and purge everyone he didn't like. The Gulanists were fooled into believing that the Kemalists were on board and Erdogan went on vacation. The Gulanists were centered in Ankara so Erdogan could count on the Istanbul airport being taken back asap. Then he held a great speech there at the airport, solidifying his rule. Now he gets to sweep the floor with anyone he dislikes and the country stands behind him. End of story.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
16-07-2016, 05:26 PM
So now that Communist dictatorships are a thing of the past, they've been replaced by Islamic dictatorships?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
17-07-2016, 12:17 AM
Yea when I saw his speech yesterday about how he's gonna cleanse the military (his actual words) it had a rather Stalinistic feel about it.
He was very authoritarian about making sure this sort of thing will never happen again. It's all very fishy.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
17-07-2016, 03:26 AM
there has been some clashes between Erdoğan supporters and ordinary people. last night group of Erdoğan's religious fucks attacked group of people in the bar for drinking alcohol. We are becoming your typical Islamic country Gasp
There is this helicopter flying around my town today, not even sure what's it about Consider

1 Like = 1 Prayer