Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2016, 10:24 PM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
(17-07-2016 04:39 AM)izel Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 04:29 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Seems to be a russian copter. I thought Turkey was armerd primarily by germany. just an observation Consider

Turns out it belongs to the fire department, there has been some sort of attack at the near by command post and helicopter is trying to put down the fire. With all the shit that's been happening, every little unusual movement scares the shit out of me Laugh out load. After all we are officially a shithole as a country right now Gasp

Aww don't feel bad, Turkey was always a bit of a shithole country.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2016, 01:17 AM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
(16-07-2016 09:35 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Izel,
Have you heard the rumours that the treasonous generals were actually far-right wing extremists who considered Erdogan to be too liberal / secular?

If not, please start one.

Thanks.

Angel

Some reports I've read ascribe inspiration for this coup to a Muslim cleric living here in America. I'd be interested in Izel's answer myself.
18-07-2016, 01:19 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2016 01:27 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(16-07-2016 10:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  I believe this too. I think it was a power grab by Erdogan.

Oh, and that speech he held was very smooth, all planned out...

Even if it was a real coup attempt, I've no doubt Erdogan will try to get his most mileage out of it.
18-07-2016, 04:57 AM
(17-07-2016 04:39 AM)izel Wrote:  Turns out it belongs to the fire department, there has been some sort of attack at the near by command post and helicopter is trying to put down the fire. With all the shit that's been happening, every little unusual movement scares the shit out of me Laugh out load. After all we are officially a shithole as a country right now Gasp

Stay safe!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
18-07-2016, 05:00 AM
(18-07-2016 01:17 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Some reports I've read ascribe inspiration for this coup to a Muslim cleric living here in America. I'd be interested in Izel's answer myself.

I read the wikis when this was first mentioned. It gets complicated real quick. If I were to speculate, I'd guess the cleric wasn't involved. But my opinion doesn't carry much weight in this case.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
18-07-2016, 08:01 AM
One of my favorite podcasts is talking about the coup. The newsy host is explaining to the funny, quirky host what happened. She keeps mispronouncing Erdogan's name. She's saying ur-DOE-gan with a hard "g". I cringe every time. I can't even pay attention to the content because my brain keeps saying "wrongwrongwrong" every time she mangles his name.
18-07-2016, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2016 12:27 PM by izel.)
(18-07-2016 05:00 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 01:17 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Some reports I've read ascribe inspiration for this coup to a Muslim cleric living here in America. I'd be interested in Izel's answer myself.

I read the wikis when this was first mentioned. It gets complicated real quick. If I were to speculate, I'd guess the cleric wasn't involved. But my opinion doesn't carry much weight in this case.

[Image: MJ3mB6.png]

It saddens me deeply how much they manipulate the people. The fact that these idiotic morons believe that they have democracy its shocking to me. I have learned that my people are either very naive or very very stupid. Erdoğan and Yıldırım keep asking people to go out at night, they call it the "democracy patrol". This idiots for past 3 days, they've been working they're usual jobs during the day, and go for a "democracy patrol" at night.

How can they not see that THERE IS NO DEMOCRACY IN THIS COUNTRY UNDER THIS REGIME is beyond shocking to me. I'll name few examples of Turkish democracy.

When journalists like Can Dündar and many like him gets arrested for their political views, the excuse is "this country has its interest", democracy is nobody's concern!

When Fasıl Say got trial simply for announcing his disbelief in God, the excuse was "This country has its values" democracy wasn't anybody's concern!

When people with different sexual preferences tried to organize a parade to ask for equal right, they got tear gassed and beaten in the streets, excuse was "This country has its traditions" democracy was nobody's concern!

When people with different life style wanted to organize a rock party, they got beaten by religious mob for drinking beer during the month of Ramadan, the excuse was "This country has its religious people" democracy was no concern!

Democracy is only real when it works for everyone, not just for one side and leave the rest behind. If that was the democracy this regime is talking about, I'd happily be out protecting it, but until then, I think I'll just enjoy my beer at home and watch the country go to hell.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like izel's post
18-07-2016, 12:47 PM
(18-07-2016 08:01 AM)I Am Wrote:  One of my favorite podcasts is talking about the coup. The newsy host is explaining to the funny, quirky host what happened. She keeps mispronouncing Erdogan's name. She's saying ur-DOE-gan with a hard "g". I cringe every time. I can't even pay attention to the content because my brain keeps saying "wrongwrongwrong" every time she mangles his name.

To be honest, without ever having heard the name pronounced, that's about how I would say it too -- except that I would accent the first syllable. On the other hand, if I had to say the name on TV or radio, or even on a podcast, I would make an effort to find out what the correct pronunciation is.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
18-07-2016, 01:46 PM
(18-07-2016 11:31 AM)izel Wrote:  ...
but until then, I think I'll just enjoy my beer at home and watch the country go to hell.

Fair enough. I don't blame you.

[Image: bad-men-need-nothing-more-to-compass-the...uote-1.jpg]
[Image: dfc8df2218617e9eb838174e66003247.jpg]
[Image: when-bad-men-combine-the-good-must-assoc...nk4nzy.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
18-07-2016, 01:54 PM
I'm with Izel. I would definitely not go out and mess with the democracy protectors. What a shame, I still say the whole thing was rigged.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post