Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2016, 07:35 PM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
(18-07-2016 06:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 06:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Saw on the news last night he fired 8,000 police officers.

This is beyond fishy right now.
Small tiny coup taken place during the busy day with seemingly very little planning and a lot of perfect timing by Erdogan.
And now he's using it to "cleanse" the military, fire a HEAP of judges and 8,000 police officers, fire civil servants and pass laws that he wants such as the death penalty.
All under the disguise of throwing around "democracy" and "we are all 1 Turkey...". And now he's demanding the US hand over the cleric and refusing to offer proof, going as far as saying (more or less in these words) Turkey is 'offended' by the US wanting proof before it extradites the cleric.

I can't get my head around it, it's so fucking dodgy.

You think Erdogan might have staged the coup?

I said that from the start. It is obvious.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
18-07-2016, 08:22 PM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
I don't know if I'd go so far as to believe that he staged it, but I can believe that he probably had inside intel on it and rather than squashing it preemptively, allowed it to happen in a relatively controlled manner.

Some of what happened looks legitimate, some doesn't. Some of those gunfights look pretty faked, but the bodies on both sides of the fight lead me to believe not all of them were.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
18-07-2016, 08:52 PM
(18-07-2016 08:22 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I don't know if I'd go so far as to believe that he staged it, but I can believe that he probably had inside intel on it and rather than squashing it preemptively, allowed it to happen in a relatively controlled manner.

Some of what happened looks legitimate, some doesn't. Some of those gunfights look pretty faked, but the bodies on both sides of the fight lead me to believe not all of them were.

Like I said earlier, someone snitched to him and then he set it up with military loyalists so that he would be able to fly into Istanbul, there would be next to no issues in Istanbul and all the issues would be concentrated in Ankara. The coup was real, but it was disabled before it started. The fights were real.

He had a fiery speech prepared, got the people to support him at that speech and now he will do whatever he wants.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
19-07-2016, 02:47 AM
The more I think about it, the more I think he had a heads-up on it. Firing almost 3,000 judges and court personnel the day after it happened? How do you process that many names in such a short time? That list had to be drawn up beforehand.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
19-07-2016, 08:26 AM
My heart brakes when I see all the propaganda that Erdoğan and his supporters are coming up with. I also know that most of the people don't agree with Erdogan but again, most of those people are highly educated unlike pro Erdogan gang which are barbaric and would do everything in the name of "Allah". These uncivilized assholes didn't go out on the streets for their country or democracy, they were strictly there for their leader.

Saw a video with someone beating a young soldier for fuck's sake, he kept saying "brother I don't even know why I'm here, its my 4th day in the army, they told us there was a bomb and that we had to patrol the bridge" this assholes kept beating him up. I cry every time they show that, never in my life would I had believed anybody would be able to turn Turkish people against their own soldiers.

Can't say Erdoğan planned it for sure, but it sure worked out perfectly for him.

Look the types of people are out for a "democracy patrol" I bet his democracy and mine are 2 very different things.

[Image: AJl5Nz.jpg]

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
19-07-2016, 08:35 AM
The more I hear and the more I find as I do my own research, the more I think to myself fuck this guy.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
19-07-2016, 09:35 AM
(19-07-2016 08:26 AM)izel Wrote:  My heart brakes when I see all the propaganda that Erdoğan and his supporters are coming up with. I also know that most of the people don't agree with Erdogan but again, most of those people are highly educated unlike pro Erdogan gang which are barbaric and would do everything in the name of "Allah". These uncivilized assholes didn't go out on the streets for their country or democracy, they were strictly there for their leader.

Saw a video with someone beating a young soldier for fuck's sake, he kept saying "brother I don't even know why I'm here, its my 4th day in the army, they told us there was a bomb and that we had to patrol the bridge" this assholes kept beating him up. I cry every time they show that, never in my life would I had believed anybody would be able to turn Turkish people against their own soldiers.

Can't say Erdoğan planned it for sure, but it sure worked out perfectly for him.

Look the types of people are out for a "democracy patrol" I bet his democracy and mine are 2 very different things.

[Image: AJl5Nz.jpg]

That's chilling. I hadn't realized there was a such a religious dimension to it.
19-07-2016, 09:34 PM
So Erdo's power grab continues as he targets nearly 50,000 army personnel in all ranks, police officers, judges, civic servants and teachers, and journalist's have either been suspended from their duties or detained. This is only 3 days after the attempted coup, how they figured all these people were involved is beyond my imagination. If Fethullah Gülen had this much power within the state of Turkey, why would he even attempt such coup? He practically ran the country with that many people under his orders. One can clearly see the propaganda in the story the government has given, yet millions are still on the streets in support of what is now one of the, if not the most corrupt government in Europe.

Sacking military personnel that tried to overthrow a elected government? Justified. But sacking teachers? University members? If you let that happen, maybe you deserve whats happening. Its not as if other states wouldnt be happy to provide educated people with new opportunites, but that might be a death sentence for economic growth in Turkey.

Wikileaks released 294,548 emails only to be blocked within minutes after the release. Who's trying to hide what? Who knows anymore. Here's what we get trying to visit wikileaks.org

[Image: ZdyjgG.jpg]

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
20-07-2016, 06:35 AM
So now academics are temporarily banned from travelling abroad. This guy is crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if they have mass "show" trails like the ones they have in Egypt.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36843180

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
20-07-2016, 06:49 AM
(20-07-2016 06:35 AM)Marozz Wrote:  So now academics are temporarily banned from travelling abroad. This guy is crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if they have mass "show" trails like the ones they have in Egypt.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36843180

It is basically a done deal, dictatorship in making.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post