Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2016, 05:11 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2016 05:18 AM by Deltabravo.)
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
(21-07-2016 02:21 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  So now , one of the NATO countries is an dictatorship.

Btw, Erdogan recently apologized for downing the Russian plane.

http://So now , one of the NATO countrie...ian plane

Well, not exactly.

Remember that Erdogan was supported by the Gulenists up until a few years ago and the Gulenists have been blamed for fabricating evidence against a lot of Turkish Army Generals who were imprisoned for life over a supposed coup plot. They were recently released from custody, en masse.

The Gulenists are an Islamic group led by a cleric who was once Erdogan's supporter and they have hundreds of thousands of supporters in all parts of Turkish society. I asked a Turkish friend what she thought about Erdogan and she said that the Gulenists were worse.

A lot of what Erdogan does seems to me to be pure window dressing. He's trying to revive Ottoman culture, probably because it makes him look like a nationalist. He claims he's a good Muslim which gets him support from Muslims. He wants to change the constitution because the present one was drawn up by the Army and gives the Army the role of supreme overseer of everything in Turkey.

He is popular because he dragged Turkey out of economic backwardness. A lot of Turks will tell you that however bad it is now, Turkey was an awful, backward, poor country until Erdogan came along.

My guess is that Erdogan has been "adopted" or "co opted" by the Kemalist group within the Turkish Army who he helped by releasing many of their friends from prison. In exchange, they gave him a protection batallion and they are not going to be found to have been involved in this coup attempt. They are pro-US/European secularists and I think they will just sit back and watch what happens and then pick up the pieces.

As for Erdogan. I can't imagine how he must feel. I would think he is going to become totally paranoid and that will eventually bring him down because he will do things which go way to far for anyone to justify.

We shall see. He's up against the Nationalists, the secularist Kemalists, the Kurds, the Gulenists, ISIS... That's not to mention the Armenians and Georgians. And then there's the owners of tourist hotels which are now empty!

I should make the point that the Turkish Army is culturally and ideologically split and not a unified body as the press is portraying it to be. This coup could easily have been staged by a segment of the Turkish Army which has very different values from those of the mainstream of the Army.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2016, 08:10 AM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
(20-07-2016 05:26 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Dictatorship.

Be very careful Izel. Indeed. This site may well endanger you.
I'm not scared of these caveman Laugh out load

(20-07-2016 06:23 PM)Vosur Wrote:  On that note, I can help with a VPN if you need to use the Internet anonymously, izel. Consider

When you live in a country where every time someone insults your president, Facebook, twitter and YouTube get blocked, you become expert at VPN. I don't think there is a single person here that doesn't or hasn't used it at some point Laugh out load. Appreciate the offer though.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like izel's post
21-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Izel, we adore you and we think perhaps you should be scared of those cavemen. They only need to get lucky once, and we've seen too often what can happen to atheists under the Islamist cavemen in other countries.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
21-07-2016, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2016 08:42 AM by izel.)
(21-07-2016 08:15 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Izel, we adore you and we think perhaps you should be scared of those cavemen. They only need to get lucky once, and we've seen too often what can happen to atheists under the Islamist cavemen in other countries.

And I love you guys, I really appreciate everything, everybody has been super sweet and caring. But, not much for me to fear here, this is my home, I was born here and been here all my life. We as a nation have seen many like Erdoğan, they never succeed, you just can't force sharia to the Turks. For majority of my people "I'm Muslim" is just a label we love drinking and good times way too much to give it up for Islam Laugh out load.

Edit: to give you guys an example, Erdoğan used sela to call people out to the streets. Sela is Ezan (call for a prayer) usually its 5 times a day however, when the country or city was under attack back in the medieval times, ezan would call every 10 minutes, in a way its call for jihad. So as this was happening all over Turkey, this lady got annoyed and went to beat the shit out of imam Laugh out load

Here is a security camera footage.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 3 users Like izel's post
21-07-2016, 09:21 AM
(21-07-2016 05:11 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 02:21 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  So now , one of the NATO countries is an dictatorship.

Btw, Erdogan recently apologized for downing the Russian plane.

http://So now , one of the NATO countrie...ian plane

Well, not exactly.

Remember that Erdogan was supported by the Gulenists up until a few years ago and the Gulenists have been blamed for fabricating evidence against a lot of Turkish Army Generals who were imprisoned for life over a supposed coup plot. They were recently released from custody, en masse.

The Gulenists are an Islamic group led by a cleric who was once Erdogan's supporter and they have hundreds of thousands of supporters in all parts of Turkish society. I asked a Turkish friend what she thought about Erdogan and she said that the Gulenists were worse.

A lot of what Erdogan does seems to me to be pure window dressing. He's trying to revive Ottoman culture, probably because it makes him look like a nationalist. He claims he's a good Muslim which gets him support from Muslims. He wants to change the constitution because the present one was drawn up by the Army and gives the Army the role of supreme overseer of everything in Turkey.

He is popular because he dragged Turkey out of economic backwardness. A lot of Turks will tell you that however bad it is now, Turkey was an awful, backward, poor country until Erdogan came along.

My guess is that Erdogan has been "adopted" or "co opted" by the Kemalist group within the Turkish Army who he helped by releasing many of their friends from prison. In exchange, they gave him a protection batallion and they are not going to be found to have been involved in this coup attempt. They are pro-US/European secularists and I think they will just sit back and watch what happens and then pick up the pieces.

As for Erdogan. I can't imagine how he must feel. I would think he is going to become totally paranoid and that will eventually bring him down because he will do things which go way to far for anyone to justify.

We shall see. He's up against the Nationalists, the secularist Kemalists, the Kurds, the Gulenists, ISIS... That's not to mention the Armenians and Georgians. And then there's the owners of tourist hotels which are now empty!

I should make the point that the Turkish Army is culturally and ideologically split and not a unified body as the press is portraying it to be. This coup could easily have been staged by a segment of the Turkish Army which has very different values from those of the mainstream of the Army.

The biggest problem is that there is no spearhead figure that could oppose Erdoğan. Why is that? I'm not talking about now, but it's been this way for years. When was the last time a person who represented Atatürk's values reached any significant levels of popularity? Erdoğan might represent everything we fight against, but we can't deny he gets shit done. He has a goal in mind, he knows what needs to be done to reach it, and then he fucking does it. Why are there no people like that in positions of power for example in CHP? People capable of holding a speech without sounding like an idiot? Erdoğan is only one part of the problem. The other side is that there is no one competent to oppose him.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
30-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Is it even being reported in the US that Erdogan is now accusing Obama that he knew about the coup?
I saw in the news that there was rather big demonstrations around Incirlik air base with demonstrators chanting "Yankee go home" , burning US flags....
The commander of the base have been arrested.

Reports say there are 50 nuclear war heads in the base. Confused

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
30-07-2016, 07:56 PM
(30-07-2016 06:21 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  I saw in the news that there was rather big demonstrations around Incirlik air base with demonstrators chanting "Yankee go home" , burning US flags....

They'll have to try harder than that to get our attention. Africans do the same shit at home too Tongue

But yeah it's in the news. Not the headlines, but it's there. I'm paying close attention but not sure about everyone else. I still run into people that haven't heard about the coup yet, and plenty who know vaguely of the headlines but probably couldn't find Turkey on a map.

'Murican Canadian
30-07-2016, 08:45 PM
What was the commander arrested for?