Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2016, 03:56 PM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
Ugh, how do I sleep now? Feeling like I'll wake up to chaos.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2016, 03:57 PM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
(15-07-2016 03:56 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Ugh, how do I sleep now? Feeling like I'll wake up to chaos.

You'll be okay. This is an internal Turkish issue. Greece cannot afford a war.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-07-2016, 04:05 PM
(15-07-2016 03:57 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 03:56 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Ugh, how do I sleep now? Feeling like I'll wake up to chaos.

Which would make this a great time to declare war on 'em, right? Wink Before they can afford a rigorous defense. Tongue

But he's right, UnderP! Iz okay to get some sleepy sleep! Hug

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
15-07-2016, 04:05 PM

Greece can't afford to buy a vowel.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 13 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-07-2016, 04:08 PM

I'm fine everyone, thank you all very much for your concerns. We are advised to stay inside, looks like we are in a brink of a civil war. Turks hold their military in a very high regard but, Erdoğan has major followers, and most of them are the religious crazier and that is what scares me. This has happened here 4 times before, last one in 1997, however Erdoğan is not going down without fight. I'm at my parents house because I was scared to be alone, I'll try and keep you guys up to date with everything.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 27 users Like izel's post
15-07-2016, 04:12 PM
(15-07-2016 04:08 PM)izel Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 03:57 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You'll be okay. This is an internal Turkish issue. Greece cannot afford a war.

I'm fine everyone, thank you all very much for your concerns. We are advised to stay inside, looks like we are in a brink of a civil war. Turks hold their military in a very high regard but, Erdoğan has major followers, and most of them are the religious crazier and that is what scares me. This has happened here 4 times before, last one in 1997, however Erdoğan is not going down without fight. I'm at my parents house because I was scared to be alone, I'll try and keep you guys up to date with everything.

Good to know you are home. I am seeing shooting happening in the streets of Istanbul.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-07-2016, 04:12 PM
(15-07-2016 04:05 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 03:57 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You'll be okay. This is an internal Turkish issue. Greece cannot afford a war.

Which would make this a great time to declare war on 'em, right? Wink Before they can afford a rigorous defense. Tongue

But he's right, UnderP! Iz okay to get some sleepy sleep! Hug

A NATO country attacking another NATO country? No.

Thanks for the info Izel and I am glad you are ok. The difference between Erdogan and the military is the military has the arms. Erdogan can jump.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
15-07-2016, 04:19 PM
So let me take a stab at this that my little pea brain understands.

Turkey's government has been secular for quite some time while still being primarily Islamic and tolerant to other faiths.

Erdogan is trying to break that secularism by introducing religious laws into the government.

The generals in the world's 6th largest army like the way it is. A secular, tolerant government.

The generals stage a military coup.

That about right?

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-07-2016, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2016 04:32 PM by Deesse23.)
(15-07-2016 04:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So let me take a stab at this that my little pea brain understands.

Turkey's government has been secular for quite some time while still being primarily Islamic and tolerant to other faiths.

Erdogan is trying to break that secularism by introducing religious laws into the government.

The generals in the world's 6th largest army like the way it is. A secular, tolerant government.

That about right?

Pretty much right. To be precise, thanks to Atatürk, Turkey is a secular state per constitution. Yet religion has much more undermined it, namely with Erdogan in the lead (picture a mormon, or that brain surgeon fundie xian becoming president in the US).
There is one additional factor thou. A man called Gülen. A islamic guy who pulls a lot of strings in turkey lately (while living in the US afaik). He was until recently an ally of Erdogan, but they got estranged. Gülen has supposedly infiltrated a lot of Turkeys government, officials and military. Thats why a lot of people dont know if the military is still a monolithic force or somewhat divided. So noone knows if this has something to do with him. Hes the bogeyman in the background, the big unknown.

Personally.....i somewhat doubt that he and his movement has something to do with it. Occams razor tells me...kinda *waves hands around*

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
15-07-2016, 04:28 PM
(15-07-2016 04:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So let me take a stab at this that my little pea brain understands.

That about right?

Yeah, that should be it.

Now, important thing is how much of the army and the general population will support this development and how strong is Erdogan's support.

It can go down as a successful coup with Erdogan stepping down or it can turn into a bloodshed.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's