Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
The government has ordered the police to stop and arrest any military personnel. This is crazy.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like izel's post
15-07-2016, 04:31 PM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
(15-07-2016 04:29 PM)izel Wrote:  The government has ordered the police to stop and arrest any military personnel. This is crazy.

Ha ha ha. Yeah "Let's arrest this fully trained heavily armed man."

This could in fact turn out to be a good thing. A way to rid the nation of the crackpots.

*Fingers crossed.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-07-2016, 04:31 PM
(15-07-2016 04:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So let me take a stab at this that my little pea brain understands.

Turkey's government has been secular for quite some time while still being primarily Islamic and tolerant to other faiths.

Erdogan is trying to break that secularism by introducing religious laws into the government.

The generals in the world's 6th largest army like the way it is. A secular, tolerant government.

The generals stage a military coup.

That about right?

Pretty much.

But you forgot to mention who owns the chess pieces.

Erdogan is obviously backed by the Yanks/Big Business/Right-wing Christians (playing white) who want instability in the region and higher oil prices.

Russia (playing black) is supporting the secular/atheist military because they want stability on their borders by undermining support for the Islamists in Syria and the surrounding area.

China is the time-keeper.

Black rook takes pawn.

White's move.

Angel

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
15-07-2016, 04:32 PM
(15-07-2016 04:26 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Pretty much right. There is one additional factor thou. A man called G├╝len.

My evil twin? Ohmy He's here? Huh
Tongue

(15-07-2016 04:29 PM)izel Wrote:  The government has ordered the police to stop and arrest any military personnel. This is crazy.

Stay inside! Preferably in the basement!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
15-07-2016, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2016 04:38 PM by GirlyMan.)

How many popo you think are actually going to follow these orders? Do you think that this indicates that Erdogan is desperate and he knows he's out? If the 6th largest army in the world is not split then this part's over.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
15-07-2016, 04:36 PM
You know what this really means? This morning I must buy another set of Turkish hi hats!

[Image: Nostalgia-Hi-hats-Small-Trans.png?w=1170]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-07-2016, 04:40 PM
(15-07-2016 04:36 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You know what this really means? This morning I must buy another set of Turkish hi hats!

Secular or islamic ones?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
15-07-2016, 04:41 PM
(15-07-2016 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

How many popo you think are actually going to follow these orders? Do you think that this indicates that Erdogan is desperate and he knows he's out?

In Turkey the military does not take orders from the government, the police do. Police are also heavily armed, not nearly as powerful as the military but I'm afraid they strong enough to cause a complete chaos.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
15-07-2016, 04:43 PM
(15-07-2016 04:40 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 04:36 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You know what this really means? This morning I must buy another set of Turkish hi hats!

Secular or islamic ones?

In my hands, secular! Big Grin

I wouldn't worry about the police. The army has the tanks and the air force has the F16's. Thumbsup

Banjo.
15-07-2016, 04:44 PM
(15-07-2016 04:41 PM)izel Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How many popo you think are actually going to follow these orders? Do you think that this indicates that Erdogan is desperate and he knows he's out?

In Turkey the military does not take orders from the government, the police do. Police are also heavily armed, not nearly as powerful as the military but I'm afraid they strong enough to cause a complete chaos.

Do you think people will go out on the street supporting Erdogan as he requested? So far there is no indication, but its middle of the night after all.
I feel this will be the decisive thing. At least for the near, immediate future of this coup.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse