Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2016, 04:45 PM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
I'm on my way out of town for a week, but I logged in from my phone just to see if you're okay as soon as I heard of the coup. Please let us know as much as you can. Get phone numbers from some of us just in case internet gets cut off. Stay safe!

I'm so sorry you and your countrymen have to go through this. THIS is what religion does. Grrrrr!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-07-2016, 04:48 PM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
(15-07-2016 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 04:29 PM)izel Wrote:  The government has ordered the police to stop and arrest any military personnel. This is crazy.

How many popo you think are actually going to follow these orders? Do you think that this indicates that Erdogan is desperate and he knows he's out? If the 6th largest army in the world is not split then this part's over.

There's been a lot of fighting. Not sure who but since Erdogan (I think that's who did it?) took to skype and told the people to take to the streets and the anti secular Muslims are doing just that, and it seems they're backed by the national police.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

15-07-2016, 05:00 PM
(15-07-2016 04:44 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 04:41 PM)izel Wrote:  In Turkey the military does not take orders from the government, the police do. Police are also heavily armed, not nearly as powerful as the military but I'm afraid they strong enough to cause a complete chaos.

Do you think people will go out on the street supporting Erdogan as he requested? So far there is no indication, but its middle of the night after all.
I feel this will be the decisive thing. At least for the near, immediate future of this coup.

People already talking about dying for him. Again, he has a very high number of religious people that could turn this into a very ugly situation, and knowing him, he'll use everything in his power to stay in charge.

If I say anything that someone has already mentioned, I m sorry. I'm at my parents house and I can't be seen in atheist website, for that reason I don't have time to read everybody's posts and or respond quickly.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 15 users Like izel's post
15-07-2016, 05:09 PM
(15-07-2016 05:00 PM)izel Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 04:44 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Do you think people will go out on the street supporting Erdogan as he requested? So far there is no indication, but its middle of the night after all.
I feel this will be the decisive thing. At least for the near, immediate future of this coup.

People already talking about dying for him. Again, he has a very high number of religious people that could turn this into a very ugly situation, and knowing him, he'll use everything in his power to stay in charge.

If I say anything that someone has already mentioned, I m sorry. I'm at my parents house and I can't be seen in atheist website, for that reason I don't have time to read everybody's posts and or respond quickly.

Just do what you need to do to stay safe. We will be here whenever.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
15-07-2016, 05:13 PM
No worries izel.

Stay safe.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-07-2016, 05:32 PM
Even a temporary power vacuum could be bad news with Syria the way it is. Bad timing for a lapse in stability.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
15-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Glad to hear that you're okay, izel. I just read that tanks have started firing near the parliament building. No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
15-07-2016, 05:53 PM
A secular military vs. an increasingly sectarian civilian government. It's hard for me to decide which I want to lose more. Either way, it's going to hurt innocent people in the process. What a wretched mess.

Best wishes, izel. I hope you and yours come through this safe.
[+] 3 users Like I Am's post
15-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Glad to hear you're safe, Izel! Hope your family is as well. Take care.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
15-07-2016, 06:00 PM
All the major streets and bridges are in a complete military shut down. F16's and helicopters are flying everywhere. Some of my friends on FB are reporting a gun fire from helicopter Gasp

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user