Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2016, 11:09 PM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
What the fuck? I'm watching my local news on ABC and they're saying there may be ties to the United States. Huh Angry Blink

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2016, 11:14 PM
RE: Breaking News: Turkish Army Launches Military Coup Against Erdogan's Government!
If I'm not mistaken, hasn't the military performed many coup's in the past to maintain it's constitution against politicians that stray too far?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-07-2016, 11:25 PM
(15-07-2016 11:09 PM)Nurse Wrote:  What the fuck? I'm watching my local news on ABC and they're saying there may be ties to the United States. Huh Angry Blink

Some powerful friend of the Turkish President whom they think is "really" calling the shots over there, who lives here in the USA but calls the shots, according to what I saw.

Also, the USA is preparing to defend its strategic airbase there, and I think some are trying to use that to accuse us of being involved somehow. It will be a major loss to our strategic presence in the region if we cannot maintain our heavy aircraft (AWACS, transports, and tankers, mostly) based there.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
16-07-2016, 12:25 AM
(15-07-2016 02:48 PM)tomilay Wrote:  A bit surprised these things still happen outside Africa and Latin America.
Military Coup happens in Fiji quite often.
16-07-2016, 12:30 AM
(15-07-2016 11:25 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 11:09 PM)Nurse Wrote:  What the fuck? I'm watching my local news on ABC and they're saying there may be ties to the United States. Huh Angry Blink

Some powerful friend of the Turkish President whom they think is "really" calling the shots over there, who lives here in the USA but calls the shots, according to what I saw.

That is Gülen as i mentioned earlier.
He resides in Pennsylvania. Hey EK, can you interview him for us? Tongue

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
16-07-2016, 12:33 AM
(16-07-2016 12:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 11:25 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Some powerful friend of the Turkish President whom they think is "really" calling the shots over there, who lives here in the USA but calls the shots, according to what I saw.

That is Gülen as i mentioned earlier.
He resides in Pennsylvania. Hey EK, can you interview him for us? Tongue

Nope, he's on the other side of the state. Someone who lived in Philadelphia or DC would be far closer.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
16-07-2016, 01:20 AM
(16-07-2016 12:25 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 02:48 PM)tomilay Wrote:  A bit surprised these things still happen outside Africa and Latin America.
Military Coup happens in Fiji quite often.

And Thailand. It's almost a national past time in Thailand.
Slow news day? ehhhh lets stage a coup.
16-07-2016, 01:59 AM
Latest news here.

Islamic state happy. Report.

I bought those cymbals anyway. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
16-07-2016, 02:08 AM
Democratically elected or not, that leadership represents something that will bite us hard in the butt, in years to come, mark my word. They have been systematically dismantling everything secular/progressive about that country... and now it's about to get a lot worse.

They just handed a blank check to the fundamentalists in that government. Undecided

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
16-07-2016, 03:00 AM
(16-07-2016 02:08 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Democratically elected or not, that leadership represents something that will bite us hard in the butt, in years to come, mark my word. They have been systematically dismantling everything secular/progressive about that country... and now it's about to get a lot worse.

They just handed a blank check to the fundamentalists in that government. Undecided

Rocket,

Agreed. The only winners in this will be the UK Brexiteers. Turkey's eye on EU membership was one of their main arguments for getting out.

Looks like the EU has reached high water mark for new members, and the issue going forwards will be border control. Another win for the right wing parties in EU member countries.

D.