Breaking: Trump communications director quits

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2017, 10:14 AM
RE: Breaking: Trump communications director quits
(30-05-2017 09:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 06:23 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I also expect Spicer to be gone by xmas.

Doubt it, unless Trump fires him, which he won't. He's hitched himself permanently to Trump's wagon. If Trump goes down, he goes with him. Can you imagine anyone offering Spicer a job after he's this notorious?

He should be ridiculed forever for his "Hitler didn't use chemical weapons" comment.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
30-05-2017, 10:36 AM
(30-05-2017 10:14 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 09:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  Doubt it, unless Trump fires him, which he won't. He's hitched himself permanently to Trump's wagon. If Trump goes down, he goes with him. Can you imagine anyone offering Spicer a job after he's this notorious?

He should be ridiculed forever for his "Hitler didn't use chemical weapons" comment.

Meh, I don't think that was such a big deal. It was an error - an egregious one, but an error nonetheless. I won't begrudge a mistake.

I simply think that Spicer has been hung out to dry by Trump too many times. From what I know of Spicer (not much, frankly) he seems that he was well liked and respected by members of all parties, considered intelligent and well-spoken. Sooner or later he'll come to the realization that hitching his career to the Trump train is doing him more harm than good.
30-05-2017, 10:42 AM
(30-05-2017 10:36 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 10:14 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  He should be ridiculed forever for his "Hitler didn't use chemical weapons" comment.

Meh, I don't think that was such a big deal. It was an error - an egregious one, but an error nonetheless. I won't begrudge a mistake.

I simply think that Spicer has been hung out to dry by Trump too many times. From what I know of Spicer (not much, frankly) he seems that he was well liked and respected by members of all parties, considered intelligent and well-spoken. Sooner or later he'll come to the realization that hitching his career to the Trump train is doing him more harm than good.

Nah, ignorant people need to be given a smackdown. Tired of them getting away with shit.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
30-05-2017, 10:43 AM
(30-05-2017 10:36 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Sooner or later he'll come to the realization that hitching his career to the Trump train is doing him more harm than good.

I still think he's gonna tough it out. Like I said. Too visible, too deep in it. He backs out now Trump *and* everyone else have no time for him. He's gotta ride that train into the sunset. If he wins, he wins big, so it's not a bad proposition for him. If he *does* quit, you know Trump is the sinking ship that has been abandoned by the last rat.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-05-2017, 11:11 AM
(30-05-2017 09:27 AM)Grauwyler Wrote:  Gotta wonder if it was before or after this statement:

Quote:President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000. He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor . . . and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible.

That may be the funniest thing I've read in a long time. I've heard sucking up before but that's in the self-parody category.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
30-05-2017, 12:02 PM
(30-05-2017 11:11 AM)unfogged Wrote:  That may be the funniest thing I've read in a long time. I've heard sucking up before but that's in the self-parody category.

I especially loved their creative use of italics in the article with the same quote:

Quote:President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000. He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats eeeeeeeeeveryone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor . . . and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible.
30-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Quote:President Trump has a toxic personality and exudes fear and loathing, which is anathema to those around him. He has an underdeveloped ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000. He has built adversarial relationships throughout his life and treats nobody with respect. He is ignorant with a disturbing sense of humor . . . and an absent ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than a clam thought possible.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
30-05-2017, 12:25 PM
Spicer has a new answer:

"I won't answer that, it is not a fact but is based on unidentified sources. I won't answer questions based on secret sources. I will only answer questions based on the investigations."

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-05-2017, 05:18 PM
(30-05-2017 10:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 09:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  Can you imagine anyone offering Spicer a job after he's this notorious?

Yes.

I agree, shawn spicywings fucking is great at being a human decoy so he could get a job with the military easy. He's clearly no stranger to being around shit so he's clearly qualified to being a garbage man. And he bold face lies enough he'd be a great used care salesman.

And in all seriousness Yes, he does his job. It's a shit job and I think by now even he's aware of that but an employer wouldn't likely judge him on how shit his job is, the employer would judge him on his ability to do the job.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
30-05-2017, 06:21 PM
(30-05-2017 05:18 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I agree, shawn spicywings fucking is great at being a human decoy so he could get a job with the military easy.

Spicer is a Commander in the Navy Reserve. A good soldier who will take a bullet - figuratively or otherwise - if required.