Breaking: Trump hanged and set ablaze in Mexico!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2017, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2017 05:43 PM by Vera.)
Shocked Breaking: Trump hanged and set ablaze in Mexico!
Says noted cartoonist Dan Piraro: Apparently, the locals have a tradition of hanging effigies of people (real or fictional) that they believe have wronged them––the devil, historical or political characters––in the Jardin on Easter Sunday and blowing them up with explosives. (What this has to do with Easter is beyond my education or imagination.)

Before it begins, there are numerous papier mâché characters hung on ropes (horizontal, like clothes lines, not vertical like a lynching) with three firecracker-type-things attached to a small hoop around their waist. They light the first one and it spews sparks, thus rotating the dummy (with the red bowtie in this pic). As the first firecracker reaches it’s end there’s a little “pop!”, then it lights the next one and it spews sparks and smoke and continues the rotation, then it pops and lights the third one, which does the same thing but ends with an ear-splittingly loud KABOOM! and the whole thing explodes into a million pieces. Then they move to the next figure.

In all, there were around 20 characters today. Here’s a pretty cool devil effigy and here’s the unbelievably amazing photo of his explosion that Olive Oyl took on her iPhone. The entire extravaganza was a hoot but the best part was that the grand finale was an effigy of Donald Trump. (The sign on him says “DONALD pero no el pato” which translates to “Donald, but not the duck.”) Up until then, the crowd laughs and claps as each character is ignited and explodes but as the time wore on, the crowd began chanting “Donald! Donald!” until they finally lit him up. Here he is spinning. When he exploded, the crowd erupted for the first time in loud shouts and applause, as though the Mexican national team had just scored a goal in the World Cup. By my reckoning, the crowd was about half Mexicans and half gringos, and all of us enjoyed watching Trump disintegrate.

[Image: AFP_947II-5072.jpg?uuid=pwWEqvPfEeWmH-nJXAbtyg]

On a more serious note, apparently this is something called the Burning of the Judases (coincidentally, just today came across someone wondering about the plural version of Jesus - Jesuses? Jesi? Jesus' Enquiring minds wanna know, you know Rolleyes ) While funny in cases like this, the sheer primitiveness of the whole thing is... slightly disconcerting in this day and age, frankly Confused

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
16-04-2017, 05:45 PM
RE: Breaking: Trump hanged and set ablaze in Mexico!
I believed what happened next. Do I win a prize?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
16-04-2017, 05:56 PM
THIS IS WHY WE NEED A WALL.

Look at me, I'm Lord Dark Helmet now. Aren't I clever? I'm like, so clever.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
16-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Your title got me all excited.
Evil_monster
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
16-04-2017, 06:07 PM
(16-04-2017 05:59 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Your title got me all excited

I know. I'm such a tease, aren't I [Image: default_flirtyeyess2.gif]

Cleverer than him - certainly, GenesisNemesis Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
16-04-2017, 06:13 PM
Probably just another sextape they've got on him.
16-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Figured it had to be in effigy, but such a good one it seems. Also I think the plural is Jesuses? I seem to remember reading something once about an institutional setting where multiple people thinking they were Jesus denounced each other as false.

Anyhow, primitive or not, I'll still take it over burning live people...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
16-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Judases = traitors.

The see him as a traitor.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post