Breaking news : 1 in 7 people are complete idiots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Breaking news : 1 in 7 people are complete idiots
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/03...75158.html

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2012, 01:50 PM
RE: Breaking news : 1 in 7 people are complete idiots
Hate to make you look like an idiot but that article has it as one in ten people. Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
04-05-2012, 01:56 PM
(04-05-2012 01:50 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Hate to make you look like an idiot but that article has it as one in ten people. Big Grin

"One in 10 people believe the end of the world will occur in 2012, and nearly one in seven believe the world will end in their lifetimes, according to a new Reuters survey"

Should have just asked where the 1 in 7 came from. Big Grin

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
04-05-2012, 03:00 PM
haha i guess i should have read it all. Although i'd say the one in ten are worse for buying into the whole mayan calander ending means the end of the world shit.

I wonder if they start to panic when they change their calender from November to December and see it only has 31 days untill that month ends.Big Grin

04-05-2012, 03:01 PM
(04-05-2012 03:00 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  haha i guess i should have read it all. Although i'd say the one in ten are worse for buying into the whole mayan calander ending means the end of the world shit.

I wonder if they start to panic when they change their calender from November to December and see it only has 31 days untill that month ends.Big Grin
We should test their conviction by asking them to donate all of their money and belongings to charity before Dec 21.

-Mark Twain
04-05-2012, 03:13 PM
I can't imagine many people are that dedicated to the idea that they would do that. then again chances are that many of them are the same idiots that bought into Harold Campings nonesense. some charities may be in for a windfall this december.

04-05-2012, 03:19 PM
(04-05-2012 03:13 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I can't imagine many people are that dedicated to the idea that they would do that. then again chances are that many of them are the same idiots that bought into Harold Campings nonesense. some charities may be in for a windfall this december.
I truly hope so. An honest charity is a much better place for money to go than dumb shit like Camping's church. And better than being kept by the dummies who think it's the end of the world.

Of course, I'll be singing a very different tune if I feel an earthquake in Baton Rouge on Dec 21st. Big Grin

-Mark Twain
04-05-2012, 03:52 PM
The correct approach to the end of the world is to hang on to your money and hope you're wrong.

Anyway... in my lifetime we could have a nuclear war = eow ? No supernatural causes necessary.

Although I don't think it's super likely that even a nuclear war could totally wipe out humanity. We're just too numerous... Could bomb ourselves back to the stone age though Big Grin
04-05-2012, 04:09 PM
On the bright side, at least we can rejoice in the fact that 86% of us here are incomplete idiots or better!
So proud.

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
[+] 1 user Likes Debzilla's post
05-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Only 1 in 7?

I'm impressed

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post