Breaking news: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2016, 06:40 PM
RE: Breaking news: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET
(05-07-2016 06:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 05:52 PM)BnW Wrote:  Depends who it is and the circumstances I guess. I think anyone but Trump or Cruz crushes her under normal circumstances. Screwing Trump at the convention will piss a lot of people off and they may still go down in flames.

Going to be an interesting 4+ months.

Looking towards the 2020 election this lapse will cost her being a 2 term prez, that is unless the GOP once again fails to give the electorate a reasonable option.

rea·son·a·ble
ˈrēz(ə)nəb(ə)l/
adjective
1. (of a person) having sound judgment; fair and sensible.

antonym
Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Ben Carson, Chris Christie, Carly Fiorina, Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee, John Kasich, Bobby Jindal

What the GOP needs to find in their ranks someone who doesn’t want to be president, THAT’s the person they need to pick to carry the torch (kicking and screaming the whole way to the White House).

Here is a list of those that refused to run so they already have a leg up in my book. The bolded names are people I would consider voting for.

Declined:
Individuals listed in this section have been the focus of media speculation as being possible 2016 presidential candidates but have publicly, and unequivocally, ruled out a presidential bid in 2016.
  • Marsha Blackburn, U.S. Representative from Tennessee since 2003

John Bolton, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations 2005–2006; Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security Affairs 2001–2005

Bob Corker, U.S. Senator from Tennessee since 2007; Mayor of Chattanooga, Tennessee 2001–2005

Mitch Daniels, President of Purdue University since 2013; Governor of Indiana 2005–2013; Director of the Office of Management and Budget 2001–2003

Bob Ehrlich, Governor of Maryland 2003–2007; U.S. Representative from Maryland 1995–2003

Jon Huntsman, Jr., United States Ambassador to China 2009–2011; Governor of Utah 2005–2009; presidential candidate in 2012

Darrell Issa, U.S. Representative from California since 2001

Peter King, U.S. Representative from New York since 1993

Mike Pence, Governor of Indiana since 2013; U.S. Representative from Indiana 2001–2013

Rob Portman, U.S. Senator from Ohio since 2011; Director of the Office of Management and Budget, 2006–2007

Condoleezza Rice, United States Secretary of State 2005–2009; National Security Advisor 2001–2005

Paul Ryan, U.S. Representative from Wisconsin and current Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, vice presidential nominee in 2012

Rick Snyder, Governor of Michigan since 2011, former CEO and co-founder of Ardesta LLC

John Thune, U.S. Senator from South Dakota since 2005; U.S. Representative from South Dakota 1997–2003

I somewhat agree, but they're also going to need to abandon some of their party platform. Anti-gay rhetoric needs to end, the anti-abortion crap needs to be softened or silenced -- if they're not going to be seen an religious zealots, they're going to need to distance themselves from religion, which means not trying to out god the others.

To appeal to a wider, but conservative swath, they need to change...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2016, 06:42 PM
(05-07-2016 06:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I somewhat agree, but they're also going to need to abandon some of their party platform. Anti-gay rhetoric needs to end, the anti-abortion crap needs to be softened or silenced -- if they're not going to be seen an religious zealots, they're going to need to distance themselves from religion, which means not trying to out god the others.

Their 2020 slogan could be, “WE WANT TO BE MORE LIKE THE DEMOCRATS”.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
05-07-2016, 06:47 PM
(05-07-2016 06:42 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 06:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I somewhat agree, but they're also going to need to abandon some of their party platform. Anti-gay rhetoric needs to end, the anti-abortion crap needs to be softened or silenced -- if they're not going to be seen an religious zealots, they're going to need to distance themselves from religion, which means not trying to out god the others.

Their 2020 slogan could be, “WE WANT TO BE MORE LIKE THE DEMOCRATS”.

Or we welcome moderates. Because now they really don't like people like me. Blush

05-07-2016, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 07:02 PM by Full Circle.)
Deleted post, I felt dirty reading it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-07-2016, 07:00 PM
(05-07-2016 06:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 06:09 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Forget prosecution, no criminal evidence was found as there was no intent to disseminate. The Director did say, and I would agree with him, that another person (read “not running for POTUS”) would lose their security clearance.

That would be interesting. The former Secreatry of State loses her security clearance effectively eliminating her from holding the office of the President. Consider

Won’t happen but interesting to ponder.

this was something I was just thinking about....what about the staffers or others who shared information with her knowing it was classified or top secret (according to the FBI they knew what was sensitive, classified and top secret). Did they just assume she had approval to do business this way...or while the fallout doesn't really hurt her, are they too insulated? Or will people under her lose their security clearance and possibly their jobs?

The only way that the information made it to her server in the first place would be that someone transcribed it from one system to another. That person is culpable. She can claim that it wasn't classified when it got to her, because it wasn't properly marked. Then again, I knew people who flaunted the protocols but never went to jail.
05-07-2016, 07:03 PM
(05-07-2016 07:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 06:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  this was something I was just thinking about....what about the staffers or others who shared information with her knowing it was classified or top secret (according to the FBI they knew what was sensitive, classified and top secret). Did they just assume she had approval to do business this way...or while the fallout doesn't really hurt her, are they too insulated? Or will people under her lose their security clearance and possibly their jobs?

The only way that the information made it to her server in the first place would be that someone transcribed it from one system to another. That person is culpable. She can claim that it wasn't classified when it got to her, because it wasn't properly marked. Then again, I knew people who flaunted the protocols but never went to jail.

I feel bad for those people.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-07-2016, 07:09 PM
(05-07-2016 07:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 07:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  The only way that the information made it to her server in the first place would be that someone transcribed it from one system to another. That person is culpable. She can claim that it wasn't classified when it got to her, because it wasn't properly marked. Then again, I knew people who flaunted the protocols but never went to jail.

I feel bad for those people.

Yes Dodgy But they knew what they were doing.
05-07-2016, 07:12 PM
(05-07-2016 07:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 06:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  this was something I was just thinking about....what about the staffers or others who shared information with her knowing it was classified or top secret (according to the FBI they knew what was sensitive, classified and top secret). Did they just assume she had approval to do business this way...or while the fallout doesn't really hurt her, are they too insulated? Or will people under her lose their security clearance and possibly their jobs?

That's not exactly the way it worked. It doesn't look like they found actual documents. It was classified conversation. Something like "Hey, are we still meeting at Area 51 to look at those alien bodies we found in the UFO?"

She sent classified emails, the subject matter was Classified. Not actual documents.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
05-07-2016, 08:00 PM
(05-07-2016 07:12 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 07:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  The only way that the information made it to her server in the first place would be that someone transcribed it from one system to another. That person is culpable. She can claim that it wasn't classified when it got to her, because it wasn't properly marked. Then again, I knew people who flaunted the protocols but never went to jail.

That's not exactly the way it worked. It doesn't look like they found actual documents. It was classified conversation. Something like "Hey, are we still meeting at Area 51 to look at those alien bodies we found in the UFO?"

She sent classified emails, the subject matter was Classified. Not actual documents.

You sticking up for Hilary? Huh Do you mean it's OK to send an email but not paper with the same information?
05-07-2016, 09:47 PM
(05-07-2016 10:22 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is a matter of degrees. Basically she was stupid to do this but not to a degree where it is criminal.

[Image: Yv1CQO.png]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post