Breaking news: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2016, 10:33 AM
RE: Breaking news: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET
(06-07-2016 10:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Uh --- yes the US Government ROUTINELY retracts security clearances - when an employee quits, is fired or retires. It's not good for life...

(06-07-2016 10:13 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The US government can't take away the security clearances she gave up when she resigned as SoS [...]

I know. I was saying that the government can't take away security clearances she no longer has. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2016, 10:42 AM
(05-07-2016 03:51 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No, not so much.

Alien clowns?

[Image: wv7921.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
06-07-2016, 10:51 AM
(06-07-2016 10:42 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 03:51 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Alien clowns?

[Image: wv7921.jpg]

Wouldn't pennywise be more like a alien clown.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-07-2016, 11:12 AM
(06-07-2016 05:32 AM)BnW Wrote:  I'd happily vote for Kasich. I hope that happens.

He's hard pro-life, a position I find obnoxious, but I think that was optics for the sake of drawing the far-right to support his moderate approach. I would have voted for him, knowing that he couldn't write laws, only sign them.

If the RNC pulls its head out of its collective ass and taps him, I will vote for him.
06-07-2016, 11:15 AM
I do appreciate the fact that most of you that are definitely on the Democrat/liberal voting side are willing to admit that even though the FBI didn't recommend indictment, that major lapses in judgement did occur, even criminal acts. (How she is avoiding prosecution is beyond me, but it is what it is)

Some of you though, need to watch the Comey video and hear the truth. She jeopardized national security. At the very least, she shouldn't get your vote. Switch to Johnson. Write in Bernie. But don't send someone to be president that doesn't deserve it.

Hillary was never my preferred candidate. So she wasn't getting my vote anyway. But if my guy had done something like this, I'd drop him in a second. John McCain was my preferred candidate in 2008, but I didn't vote for him simply because he chose Sarah Palin as his running mate. Sometimes you have to do the right thing, even if it puts someone else in office.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
06-07-2016, 11:20 AM
(06-07-2016 06:22 AM)BnW Wrote:  And, since when are cops and prosecutors not aggressive in their prosecutions?

I've got a couple of cops in my family, and am friends with a couple other retired/former cops. They pass up arrrests often enough based on the fact that, in their own judgement while they "know" a crime has been committed, they don't have the evidence to prove this in court.

Prosecutors do this as well. A DA's office only has so much money to work with, and can't afford to pursue cases with lukewarm evidence -- after all, a poor record in court will be used against the DA in the next election.

The LE community is not always pedal-to-the-metal, and it makes sense to me.

(06-07-2016 06:22 AM)BnW Wrote:  Maybe the way this unfolded is just a series of incredible coincidences. Maybe. It sure quacks and walks like a duck, though.

Oh, it's quacking, all right. It stinks to high heaven.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
06-07-2016, 11:23 AM
I think the date of this announcement has a lot of significance, July 5th not October or November. We still have 4 months before the election and with Trump putting his entire leg in his mouth every single week by the time the Ballots are actually cast this will be old news. That is probably the second biggest plus for Hillary (after "No Reasonable Prosecutor would seek charges in this case") the impact will be long gone and the Pro-Hillary people can just point at the outcome "No CHarges" and ignore the other things.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-07-2016, 11:26 AM
(06-07-2016 06:31 AM)BnW Wrote:  One question I have is can they go after her for something that happened prior to her election.

Absolutely, so long as the FBI Director and AG have the spine to investigate their own boss, and the statute of limitations hasn't lapsed.
06-07-2016, 11:33 AM
(06-07-2016 11:15 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I do appreciate the fact that most of you that are definitely on the Democrat/liberal voting side are willing to admit that even though the FBI didn't recommend indictment, that major lapses in judgement did occur, even criminal acts. (How she is avoiding prosecution is beyond me, but it is what it is)

Some of you though, need to watch the Comey video and hear the truth. She jeopardized national security. At the very least, she shouldn't get your vote. Switch to Johnson. Write in Bernie. But don't send someone to be president that doesn't deserve it.

Hillary was never my preferred candidate. So she wasn't getting my vote anyway. But if my guy had done something like this, I'd drop him in a second. John McCain was my preferred candidate in 2008, but I didn't vote for him simply because he chose Sarah Palin as his running mate. Sometimes you have to do the right thing, even if it puts someone else in office.

I'm still voting for her. I'm a political pragmatist. Either Clinton or Trump is going to be President, and Trump is much worse. Sometimes (actually, most of the time), you have to vote for the lesser evil. A vote for anyone other than Clinton is effectively a vote for Trump, and he scares me more than she does.
[+] 8 users Like Grasshopper's post
06-07-2016, 11:40 AM
(06-07-2016 10:51 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 10:42 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  [Image: wv7921.jpg]

Wouldn't pennywise be more like a alien clown.

I guess you've not seen the made-for-TV It ... thatis Pennywise.