Breaking news: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2016, 11:44 AM
RE: Breaking news: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET
They could pull out dead bodies out of Hillary's backyard, or out of Trump's ass every day between now and the election ---

and the ( R )'s would still vote ( R )

and

the ( D )'s would still vote ( D ).......

There's nothing more myopic than a committed party voter.............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-07-2016, 12:11 PM
(06-07-2016 11:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They could pull out dead bodies out of Hillary's backyard, or out of Trump's ass every day between now and the election ---

and

I have always voted Democrat, but there's more going on here than that. I could conceive of voting Republican if they ever put up a candidate who isn't batshit crazy, but they don't seem to be able to do that. And if Trump was a Democrat (which he used to be, I believe), that would be enough to make me vote Republican or Independent. My primary party affiliation at present is the "Anyone but Trump" party.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
06-07-2016, 12:11 PM
(06-07-2016 11:15 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  At the very least, she shouldn't get your vote. Switch to Johnson. Write in Bernie. But don't send someone to be president that doesn't deserve it.

Unfortunately taking either of those actions would almost certainly put Trump in the Oval Office. He doesn't deserve it either.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
06-07-2016, 12:14 PM
(06-07-2016 11:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They could pull out dead bodies out of Hillary's backyard, or out of Trump's ass every day between now and the election ---

and

And there is nothing more stupid than assuming they are both the same.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2016, 12:34 PM
(06-07-2016 12:14 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  

and

And there is nothing more stupid than assuming they are both the same.

Except for thinking that they're not............

That's the paragon of "stupid"....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-07-2016, 12:44 PM
I don't think this is over yet. FBI director James Comey has been called to testify before the House of Reps on Thursday. The House is calling for the Director of National Intelligence to permanently block Hillary's access to classified material, according to Paul Ryan. They could order him to do it through mandate/vote. If that happens she can't hold the office of the president.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
06-07-2016, 12:44 PM
(06-07-2016 06:31 AM)BnW Wrote:  What I don't get is why is there no cry to replace Hillary? She violated rules put in place to protect national security and nothing happened. One thing I do agree with Comey on is that she never intended to betray the US to her enemies and prison is probably not appropriate. But, is this really the person we want as a candidate for President of the United States? How is she a better option? How come no one is calling for her to be replaced? Not a single peep out of the Democrats.

Btw, this is not over. The Paul Ryan has already said that Congress wants hearings on how the FBI conducted the investigation. I don't believe for one second those hearings are about the FBI. What I believe is they preparing for the impeachment hearings the Republicans hope to start the day after her inauguration (assuming she wins). The Justice Department may not be willing to go after her but Congress - especially if the Republicans hold the House - are not going to feel in any way obligated about that.

One question I have is can they go after her for something that happened prior to her election. The Constitution is silent on that. And, I think that means Congress can define what it means up to the point that the Supreme Court stops them - and historically the Court does not like to get involved in spats between the other 2 branches of government. So, if she wins, this is not over.

I know a lot of people *liked* Bernie but all his "free stuff" made a whole lot of people nervous on both sides. So, during the democratic primaries, I think Hillary became the "more neutral" candidate despite being tainted by two controversies. Benghazi which was a smoke screen...And the email server thing, which now is going to blow up into something even more huge than it was before. We can't have a POTUS, who couldn't quality for a high ranking security clearance -- which would be a "normal" remedy for what she did as Secretary of State given the fact she was the first to do that. It doesn't matter to me at all who built the servers, who talked her into it being a good idea because she's also a lawyer and has been around the political block more than a few times. She had to know this was action was dynamite. Perhaps she couldn't foresee how bad the explosion would be, but still....she should have known better.

Now the convention is coming up, July 25-28th, in Phili, I think...

So, nothing is truly decided until the delegates vote -- I know people, and myself would like to see unity in the party, but I'd also like to see someone run for POTUS who isn't so horribly tainted. I think an honest part of that discussion needs to be 'do we want to waste time electing someone who defending their job will become a full time job instead of being POTUS.' I don't know if they'll even allow that kind of talk. It's usually all a bunch of saber rattling.

Because this shit isn't over and I don't see it being over for either side --- unless something crazy happens. Trump has his own issues and it's completely unclear what the Republicans will do (because of all the Hillary stuff has overshadowed all that).

Could this be the year that both primary winners don't actually receive the nomination for president? And what will the fallout be if that does happen?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-07-2016, 01:56 PM
(06-07-2016 11:15 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I do appreciate the fact that most of you that are definitely on the Democrat/liberal voting side are willing to admit that even though the FBI didn't recommend indictment, that major lapses in judgement did occur, even criminal acts. (How she is avoiding prosecution is beyond me, but it is what it is)

I think that since that most of us here are atheists we are open to being swayed by facts in regards to anything. Caveat: read my second signature quote.

(06-07-2016 11:15 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Some of you though, need to watch the Comey video and hear the truth. She jeopardized national security. At the very least, she shouldn't get your vote. Switch to Johnson. Write in Bernie. But don't send someone to be president that doesn't deserve it.

Hillary was never my preferred candidate. So she wasn't getting my vote anyway. But if my guy had done something like this, I'd drop him in a second. John McCain was my preferred candidate in 2008, but I didn't vote for him simply because he chose Sarah Palin as his running mate. Sometimes you have to do the right thing, even if it puts someone else in office.

As a response I’m going to quote Grasshopper

(06-07-2016 11:33 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm still voting for her. I'm a political pragmatist. Either Clinton or Trump is going to be President, and Trump is much worse. Sometimes (actually, most of the time), you have to vote for the lesser evil. A vote for anyone other than Clinton is effectively a vote for Trump, and he scares me more than she does.

Now, which do you think is more likely from the following (loaded) scenarios (trick question):

Clinton takes office and those around her, her appointed cabinet, her advisors and every head of every department do their jobs proficiently and remove the potential of another security lapse.
As an experienced politico with a firm grasp of the realities of international compromise she strenghtens our ties with our allies and intelligently defends our national interests against countries such as China and Russia.
As president she works to unite the American people.
As president she appoints qualified, moderate Supreme Court Justices.

Trump takes office, surrounds himself with ‘Yes’ men and proceeds to fire anyone who dares disagree with him. No one qualified wants to be part of his cabinet.
As a neophyte in international politics he proceeds to insult, piss off and alienate most of our allies and in a bizarre twist becomes buddies with Putin and the two declare war on China.
His presidency incites divisiveness and violence (just as his campaigning has done).
As president he appoints Bozo the Clown to the Supreme Court.
During his presidency, in an unprecedented act, declares all of Manhattan as his by power of eminent domain and renames it Trump Island.

Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
06-07-2016, 02:27 PM
(06-07-2016 12:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I don't think this is over yet. FBI director James Comey has been called to testify before the House of Reps on Thursday. The House is calling for the Director of National Intelligence to permanently block Hillary's access to classified material, according to Paul Ryan. They could order him to do it through mandate/vote. If that happens she can't hold the office of the president.

I'm curious as to mechanics of such a mandate/vote. The director of national intelligence works for the president. The house could I guess subpoena him to testify before congress, but other than show up and answer questions in such a case he doesn't have to comply with any mandate/vote they might pass unless it is signed into law. That's going require either the president's signature or a super majority in both the house and senate. What do you think the chances are of either of those things happening?

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
06-07-2016, 02:36 PM
(05-07-2016 09:41 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  FBI recommends no charges against Clinton in email probe
'No reasonable prosecutor,' would bring case, FBI Director James Comey says

So what are the bastards going to attack her with next?

So far as I know, the plan is to go after him next. I thought the Republican-lead congress wanted to speak with him.

(05-07-2016 09:45 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If they found gross negligence, that's all they need.

But it still proves she allowed hackers access to government secrets and/or sensitive information.

My understanding is, his findings were twofold:
  • She did dumb things that he doesn't like.
  • Those things weren't criminal, so there can't be any reasonable criminal proceedings.
Criminal prosecutions are reserved for crimes, not for people that are dumb or that people don't like.

(05-07-2016 09:45 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Yep. I don't get it. I still believe she's being protected.

Because that's the only possible way this could have happened. The more that investigations show that she isn't criminally liable, the more you sound like you're going off of hunches and not facts.