Breaking news: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2016, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2016 03:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Breaking news: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET
(06-07-2016 10:13 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 10:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  She's no longer a government employee so administrative actions don't apply.
The US government can't take away the security clearances she gave up when she resigned as SoS, but it can take the necessary steps to make sure that she's never allowed to be in a position where she can endanger the national security of the US again.

Not if she's elected POTUS they can't. We had the discussion at work "What happens when POTUS can't qualify for a security clearance?" We settled on the answer that POTUS gets one by default otherwise it would cause a Constitutional Crisis. And I'm pretty sure Trump would never qualify for any level of security clearance. If he's not gonna release his tax returns he sure as shit ain't filing an OGE 450 or taking a drug test or polygraph.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-07-2016, 02:41 PM
(06-07-2016 12:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Could this be the year that both primary winners don't actually receive the nomination for president? And what will the fallout be if that does happen?

Gee whiz, as much as I do not think that is going to happen, if it does, you cannot anticipate what it will lead to??? You are defining a possibility that you believe may happen because of a deficiency with the constitution - nominating a national candidate - the electoral college.
Weeping

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
06-07-2016, 05:16 PM
(06-07-2016 02:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 10:13 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The US government can't take away the security clearances she gave up when she resigned as SoS, but it can take the necessary steps to make sure that she's never allowed to be in a position where she can endanger the national security of the US again.

Not if she's elected POTUS they can't. We had the discussion at work "What happens when POTUS can't qualify for a security clearance?" We settled on the answer that POTUS gets one by default otherwise it would cause a Constitutional Crisis. And I'm pretty sure Trump would never qualify for any level of security clearance. If he's not gonna release his tax returns he sure as shit ain't filing an OGE 450 or taking a drug test or polygraph.

I've known people who can pass a poly and keep their clearances but are pathological liars. I think Trump would skate right through.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
06-07-2016, 05:17 PM
I don't get it. Ronald Reagan was 70 years of age when he took office, and everyone bitched about him being "too old" for the job etc etc. Obviously he was 78 when he left office.

And now we have "KFC" Sanders who's 75 years of age, but not a whisper. Sanders will be 83 when he leaves the Oval Office. Has he undergone genetic testing for Alzheimer's? And if not, should he be forced to?

So... out of a US population of 322,000,000 the Democrats are limited to choosing a geriatric who'll have his finger on the red button when he's more than 80 years old? God [sic] help us all. Sadcryface

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
06-07-2016, 05:31 PM
(06-07-2016 12:14 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 11:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They could pull out dead bodies out of Hillary's backyard, or out of Trump's ass every day between now and the election ---

and the ( R )'s would still vote ( R )

and

the ( D )'s would still vote ( D ).......

There's nothing more myopic than a committed party voter.............

And there is nothing more stupid than assuming they are both the same.

Yes, there is ... assuming your intentions are pure, and the intentions of those who oppose you aren't, which is sorta what OLB is getting at.
06-07-2016, 05:34 PM
(06-07-2016 05:17 PM)SYZ Wrote:  limited to choosing a geriatric who'll have his finger on the red button when he's more than 80 years old? God [sic] help us all. Sadcryface

EXCUSE ME?

Worse things have happened. Angry

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
06-07-2016, 05:37 PM
(06-07-2016 05:16 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 02:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not if she's elected POTUS they can't. We had the discussion at work "What happens when POTUS can't qualify for a security clearance?" We settled on the answer that POTUS gets one by default otherwise it would cause a Constitutional Crisis. And I'm pretty sure Trump would never qualify for any level of security clearance. If he's not gonna release his tax returns he sure as shit ain't filing an OGE 450 or taking a drug test or polygraph.

I've known people who can pass a poly and keep their clearances but are pathological liars. I think Trump would skate right through.

Fuck. Didn't consider that. Facepalm

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-07-2016, 05:59 PM
(06-07-2016 12:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I don't think this is over yet. FBI director James Comey has been called to testify before the House of Reps on Thursday. The House is calling for the Director of National Intelligence to permanently block Hillary's access to classified material, according to Paul Ryan. They could order him to do it through mandate/vote. If that happens she can't hold the office of the president.

Do you really think he'll knuckle under, at the risk of being seen used as a political tool? With Obama as his boss?

Neither do I. The organs of state security will stay far away from election politics -- as the FBI has already shown -- and your boy Trump will, still, have to sail alone.
06-07-2016, 06:00 PM
I have a friend that is so good at lying, I do not even think he knows he is lying half the time, let alone a polygraph.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
06-07-2016, 06:28 PM
(06-07-2016 05:17 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I don't get it. Ronald Reagan was 70 years of age when he took office, and everyone bitched about him being "too old" for the job etc etc. Obviously he was 78 when he left office.

And now we have "KFC" Sanders who's 75 years of age, but not a whisper. Sanders will be 83 when he leaves the Oval Office. Has he undergone genetic testing for Alzheimer's? And if not, should he be forced to?

So... out of a US population of 322,000,000 the Democrats are limited to choosing a geriatric who'll have his finger on the red button when he's more than 80 years old? God [sic] help us all. Sadcryface

Rather a large difference in life span from 1980 to now. Plus Reagan was questioned because he had Alzheimer's they hid how bad he was in his second term (He should have stepped down in 85) were as Sanders shows no signs of altered mental state.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post