Breaking news: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: Breaking news: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET
Been busy most of the day and haven't been able to keep up so apologize of someone posted this already.

Letter from Representative Bob Goodlatte, Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, to James Comey.

I think he raises some very good points and contradicts that "no reasonable prosecutor" would prosecute this case.

Btw, Lynch has officially put the whole thing to rest. But, I still think it's not over.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
06-07-2016, 06:41 PM
(06-07-2016 06:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Rather a large difference in life span from 1980 to now. Plus Reagan was questioned because he had Alzheimer's they hid how bad he was in his second term (He should have stepped down in 85) were as Sanders shows no signs of altered mental state.

That is very scary isn't it? Republicans have worked very hard to rewrite his history -- but they seem to ignore or dismiss that bit.

I don't really care about the age of the president, but if they did show signs of Alzheimer's, I'd hope they step down and not cover it up.

I have mixed feelings about FDR, who in his last term was quite regularly ill, more so than usual -- there's a lot of conflicting stories mostly surrounding Elenor -- and if she signed his name.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-07-2016, 06:55 PM
I don't know what some of you fucktards are on about Then again I have a lot of experience with the handling of classified materials. I have seen people locked away, fired, or facing court martials for much less. Anyone with ANY experience with handling US classified materials knows that even a fraction of what she did would get a regular joe in some serious trouble. People lose security clearances and get fired for even minor (comparatively) infractions. I was in total shock to hear that the FBI was recommending that NOTHING happen to her. Its blatantly obvious that she is above the law to a guy like me.

[+] 5 users Like Dark Light's post
06-07-2016, 06:58 PM
(06-07-2016 06:00 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  I have a friend that is so good at lying, I do not even think he knows he is lying half the time, let alone a polygraph.

If he is so good at lying then how do you know he is good at lying?

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
06-07-2016, 07:02 PM
(06-07-2016 11:26 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 06:31 AM)BnW Wrote:  One question I have is can they go after her for something that happened prior to her election.

Absolutely, so long as the FBI Director and AG have the spine to investigate their own boss, and the statute of limitations hasn't lapsed.

I was specifically talking about a Congressional impeachment, which is very different than a criminal prosecution. And, the Constitution is so vague on the topic I think the House can do whatever they want.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
06-07-2016, 08:30 PM
(06-07-2016 07:02 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 11:26 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Absolutely, so long as the FBI Director and AG have the spine to investigate their own boss, and the statute of limitations hasn't lapsed.

I was specifically talking about a Congressional impeachment, which is very different than a criminal prosecution. And, the Constitution is so vague on the topic I think the House can do whatever they want.

The house can impeach, but the trial is in the senate and it takes 67 guilty votes to actually convict the president there.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
06-07-2016, 08:53 PM
This little tidbit from James Comet in his press statement kind of gives drops a hint on what could be done to Hillary:

"To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now."

Paul Ryan is working on those sanctions now, I imagine. She could be blocked from government service if her clearance is revoked.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
06-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Once again, Paul Ryan does not have the power to revoke her clearance.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
06-07-2016, 09:09 PM
(06-07-2016 06:55 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I don't know what some of you fucktards are on about Then again I have a lot of experience with the handling of classified materials. I have seen people locked away, fired, or facing court martials for much less. Anyone with ANY experience with handling US classified materials knows that even a fraction of what she did would get a regular joe in some serious trouble. People lose security clearances and get fired for even minor (comparatively) infractions. I was in total shock to hear that the FBI was recommending that NOTHING happen to her. Its blatantly obvious that she is above the law to a guy like me.

You find that surprising?

#sigh
06-07-2016, 10:31 PM
(06-07-2016 02:36 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  ...
My understanding is, his findings were twofold:
  • She did dumb things that he doesn't like.
  • Those things weren't criminal, so there can't be any reasonable criminal proceedings.
Criminal prosecutions are reserved for crimes, not for people that are dumb or that people don't like.

Gotta feel a twinge of sympathy for Bryan Nishimura

... but it must be a relief to know that the FBI thought you were dumb or unlikable rather than a criminal.

[Image: nishimura_0.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post