Breaking news: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2016, 10:14 AM
RE: Breaking news: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET
(05-07-2016 09:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 09:41 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I don't get it, he said that they found evidence of gross negligence but they recommend no indictment?

I have not seen "Gross Negligence" as a quote from the press briefing. I did see "Extremely Careless" which is not the same thing. The main point however is "No Reasonable Prosecutor would bring charges in this case" meaning one not on a political witch hunt. Considering who the FBI director is I don't doubt they turned over every stone in this investigation (they sure took their time with it) and as such there goes the last real impediment to a Clinton Presidency.

"Extremely careless" and "Gross Negligence" seems just semantics to me, but I accept that there is some nuance that I don't recognize.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
05-07-2016, 10:16 AM
(05-07-2016 10:10 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’ll probably vote for Clinton but this whole episode shows an incredible lack of good judgement.

Sigh. Undecided

I agree. It also shows bad judgment on the whole state dept. for lack of security. He referenced several times about incoming emails from others in the state dept. as being as poorly secured. Hope that is fixed now.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
05-07-2016, 10:20 AM
(05-07-2016 10:14 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  "Extremely careless" and "Gross Negligence" seems just semantics to me, but I accept that there is some nuance that I don't recognize.

Yeah, it sounds like he used that to appease the Obama-Clinton Administration.

Trump's tweet suggests that the FBI will wait for Trump to be inaugurated and the first thing he can do for the FBI is sign a prosecution order, or what ever.
Thumbsup

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
05-07-2016, 10:21 AM
Well, like the others, I don't understand why they're not prosecuting Clinton for gross negligence (being "extremely careless" with "very sensitive, highly classified" information in spite of extensive security briefings ought to qualify as such), but it would be very dishonest for me to tout James Comey as a man of integrity with an impeccable reputation for being incorruptible, only to dismiss him the moment he disagrees with me. I'll just have to trust that him and the rest of the FBI know what they're doing.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 8 users Like Vosur's post
05-07-2016, 10:22 AM
It's over now.

The election is next. She has nothing hanging over head now.

Now people have to make a choice. Will her negligence sway the independent vote to Trump?

I've voted for democrats before (Obama the first time and local elections). But no way could I vote for someone that allowed hackers easy access to government secrets.

Her judgement is too poor to be president.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
05-07-2016, 10:22 AM
(05-07-2016 10:14 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 09:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I have not seen "Gross Negligence" as a quote from the press briefing. I did see "Extremely Careless" which is not the same thing. The main point however is "No Reasonable Prosecutor would bring charges in this case" meaning one not on a political witch hunt. Considering who the FBI director is I don't doubt they turned over every stone in this investigation (they sure took their time with it) and as such there goes the last real impediment to a Clinton Presidency.

"Extremely careless" and "Gross Negligence" seems just semantics to me, but I accept that there is some nuance that I don't recognize.

It is a matter of degrees. Basically she was stupid to do this but not to a degree where it is criminal.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 7 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-07-2016, 10:25 AM
(05-07-2016 10:22 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 10:14 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  "Extremely careless" and "Gross Negligence" seems just semantics to me, but I accept that there is some nuance that I don't recognize.

It is a matter of degrees. Basically she was stupid to do this but not to a degree where it is criminal.

If stupid was criminal I'd be serving consecutive life sentences.

#sigh
[+] 10 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-07-2016, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 10:45 AM by TrainWreck.)
(05-07-2016 10:25 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  If stupid was criminal I'd be serving consecutive life sentences.

You are not working in an environment that is expected to act above reproach. And in this situation, it is why I suggest that if she is elected, law enforcement will revolt in such a manner as to alert the conservative constituents to join them.

#BlackLivesMatter is putting pressure on cops to be a lot more responsible than the lapse in judgement that Hillary has demonstrated. The cops believe that she "left guys behind" - she does not realise the payback for that is coming.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
05-07-2016, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 10:46 AM by GirlyMan.)
(05-07-2016 10:40 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 10:25 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  If stupid was criminal I'd be serving consecutive life sentences.

You are not working in an environment that is expected to act above reproach.

Actually, I am. I have to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-07-2016, 10:42 AM
(05-07-2016 10:22 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Ok, I can understand that.

Let's hope she won't do a lot of other stupid things when she becomes president.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's