Breaking news: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2016, 11:35 AM
RE: Breaking news: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET
(05-07-2016 11:34 AM)BnW Wrote:  Too late? It was 8AM your time. What kind of slacker are you?

A summertime one. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
(05-07-2016 11:30 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 11:26 AM)BnW Wrote:  Actually, that was not the conclusion. What he basically said was they couldn't find precedent for a prosecution on this evidence and a reasonable prosecutor wouldn't expect a conviction. He never said there was no evidence of a crime. On the contrary, I thought he laid out very well that a crime was committed (in so far as the statute includes gross negligence as an element ).

Two things really bugged me about Comey's position. The first is the idea that a series of actions that are, by their nature, rare events shouldn't be prosecuted because there is little precedent for such a prosecution. The second is the entity charged solely with investigating and fact gathering using the difficulty of obtaining a conviction as a factor in whether or not to recommend moving for an indictment. I thought that was pure bullshit and a disservice to the American public. That is not the job of the FBI. Let the prosecution make that call.

But, it is incorrect to say they found no evidence of criminal wrongdoing. They just felt there was low probability of a successful prosecution. It's not the same thing.

There was a lot said in that press briefing to attack her with the next 4 1/2 months but I doubt it will matter. With this out of the way, I think she's a near lock to win. Something can happen to change that but absent that "something", I think this is over.

We will see.

I'll have to look for it online later. I got up too late to see it live.

Here you go Mom

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
(05-07-2016 11:27 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 11:10 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Just because it was retroactively classified, doesn't mean she shouldn't have known at the time she was sending it. She's the Secretary of fucking state. She should know if something she was discussing was sensitive or not. And if she doesn't understand something that simple, she shouldn't be president.

Hear, Hear!

#AtheistsAgainstHillary

Are you even allowed to vote?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-07-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: FBI: No Recomendation Of Indictment For Hillary Clinton
(05-07-2016 09:59 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  "Hillary Clinton was careless when she used a personal email server during her tenure in the State Department— but there is no evidence she committed a crime, the FBI chief announced

That's NOT what he said.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
05-07-2016, 11:41 AM
(05-07-2016 11:35 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Are you even allowed to vote?

Only the executive office general elections Tongue

No judicial elections Hobo

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
05-07-2016, 11:50 AM
(05-07-2016 11:41 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 11:35 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Are you even allowed to vote?

Only the executive office general elections Tongue

No judicial elections Hobo

Not surprising since most of the judges have restraining orders against you. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
05-07-2016, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 11:56 AM by Heatheness.)
RE: FBI: No Recomendation Of Indictment For Hillary Clinton
(05-07-2016 11:38 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 09:59 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  "Hillary Clinton was careless when she used a personal email server during her tenure in the State Department— but there is no evidence she committed a crime, the FBI chief announced

That's NOT what he said.

Just so you know, that is not my words but a direct quote of the article. It's in quotes.

***Question; DO these article update different information as the day goes on because I quoted the first couple of lines of the article and now when I look at it it's different. More stuff added. That doesn't seem right.

Does anyone know if they do that?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
05-07-2016, 11:53 AM
(05-07-2016 11:35 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 11:34 AM)BnW Wrote:  Too late? It was 8AM your time. What kind of slacker are you?

A summertime one. Tongue

You lost me. It's summer time and my alarm still goes off at 5:20 or so. The difference between this and winter is the sun is up and I don't freeze my balls off waiting for the car to warm up on the drive to the gym.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
05-07-2016, 12:00 PM
(05-07-2016 11:50 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not surprising since most of the judges have restraining orders against you. Drinking Beverage

How many did you come across - 30s, or 100s?

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
05-07-2016, 12:02 PM
(05-07-2016 12:00 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 11:50 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not surprising since most of the judges have restraining orders against you. Drinking Beverage

How many did you come across - 30s, or 100s?

Are we counting just NYC, or the whole country?

#sigh